Phantom Vision Stickers already applied? Serial numbers?

Reaction score
Just a question for people getting visions recently and unboxing. All the videos online and the purchase descriptions for product shows it includes a sticker pack of blue, pink and red (I have seen them in unboxing videos). And for the DJI official videos and all others, the copter comes "naked" without stickers.

Now I got a unit it had stickers applied and missing the red sheet. Did DJI change how they did this? Anyone else getting units like this with stickers already applied and red sheet missing?

For serial numbers the box has them and inside it has them. It matches for wifi repeater (for example) but for the copter itself the serial doesn't match the box. Does anyone else have similar issues?

Maybe you have a returned copter?

Repacked and shipped out after inspection?

That is what I was wondering. Did everyone here (recent purchases) have 3 sticker sheets included in the black manual package and no stickers applied to the phantom?

Hiway, did your serial number match your box?

davephantom said:
That is what I was wondering. Did everyone here (recent purchases) have 3 sticker sheets included in the black manual package and no stickers applied to the phantom?

Hiway, did your serial number match your box?
I got mine two weeks ago and the stickers were included but not applied. Stickers were in my black manual package.

OI Photography said:
The serial number should always match the box and I'd return it immediately if it doesn't.

I did, returned immediately and they shipped a replacement said it must be a mix-up with DJI, new one arrived, but the same thing red stickers applied. Serial doesn't match, does everyone have serial match and where do you find the phantom vision serial it seems different format even compared to the other accessories like the wifi extender.

My thinking is something is up, but wanted to make sure that others with recent purchases weren't getting with stickers already applied. I emailed DJI to ask but of course got no reply (a week passed so far).

davephantom said:
OI Photography said:
The serial number should always match the box and I'd return it immediately if it doesn't.

I did, returned immediately and they shipped a replacement said it must be a mix-up with DJI, new one arrived, but the same thing red stickers applied. Serial doesn't match, does everyone have serial match and where do you find the phantom vision serial it seems different format even compared to the other accessories like the wifi extender.

My thinking is something is up, but wanted to make sure that others with recent purchases weren't getting with stickers already applied. I emailed DJI to ask but of course got no reply (a week passed so far).

Sounds pretty fishy to me, without matching serial numbers on the box you won't be able to prove you own that Phantom. What dealer?

OI Photography said:
davephantom said:
OI Photography said:

Sounds pretty fishy to me, without matching serial numbers on the box you won't be able to prove you own that Phantom. What dealer?

The serial on the box starts with BB but the phantom serial starts with PH, do your boxes show phantom serial starting BB and matching (the little silver sticker under phantom) and the white sticker on outside of the box? The dealer is listed on phantoms site, I don't want to list them now in case this is an honest mistake or some screw up with DJI but it seems really odd to me.

I bought a vision on ebay, it was advertised as new.

I didn't have the sticker problem that you stated, all three sheets of stickers were in the black manual pouch and weren't applied to the drone.

However, the serial numbers did not match. The main unit had different serial than what was in the box but the camera and repeater matched.

I didn't think anything of it since the unit was new, all props were sealed, and the warning stickers were still on the motors.

A friend of mine just got a Vision from amazon the other day, and same thing, the serial number on the box doesn't match what's on the unit. The repeater and wifi serials do match though. I think its a packing issue from dji, they aren't matching the boxes to the units.

My thinking is something is up, but wanted to make sure that others with recent purchases weren't getting with stickers already applied. I emailed DJI to ask but of course got no reply (a week passed so far).[/quote]

Sounds pretty fishy to me, without matching serial numbers on the box you won't be able to prove you own that Phantom. What dealer?[/quote]

The serial on the box starts with BB but the phantom serial starts with PH, do your boxes show phantom serial starting BB and matching (the little silver sticker under phantom) and the white sticker on outside of the box? The dealer is listed on phantoms site, I don't want to list them now in case this is an honest mistake or some screw up with DJI but it seems really odd to me.[/quote]

I just checked mine, I bought mine new from a dealer in europe, havent had to replace anything but the serial numbers on the box match my camera and range extender with the ba numbers exactly but the serial number for the phantom is listed as a ba number but the serial number on the silver tag on the underside of my actual Phantom vision is a white sticker stuck on the silver sticker with a ph before the number that doesnt match the box at all and it has 1.4 after it. I took pics of that mismatching ph sticker off before I peeled it off just in case. When the ph sticker was removed there was a blank unprinted space. I'm guessing that they changed the serial numbers of the camera when it shipped with a later software version maybe. Just guessing. Ive had mine a month now and ive really put her through her paces and have had no problems.

amkorp said:
I bought a vision on ebay, it was advertised as new.

I didn't have the sticker problem that you stated, all three sheets of stickers were in the black manual pouch and weren't applied to the drone.

However, the serial numbers did not match. The main unit had different serial than what was in the box but the camera and repeater matched.

I didn't think anything of it since the unit was new, all props were sealed, and the warning stickers were still on the motors.

A friend of mine just got a Vision from amazon the other day, and same thing, the serial number on the box doesn't match what's on the unit. The repeater and wifi serials do match though. I think its a packing issue from dji, they aren't matching the boxes to the units.

Thanks for letting me know. It's very confusing since some of the items do match and I think that is what gets people thinking something must be wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.