Phantom Vision-recording w/o using the app. Possible?

Reaction score
Hello

I don't think this is possible but I want to check anyway. With the Phantom Vision, is it possible to start recording w/o using the app? Pressing the button under the camera only gives you a still photo.

I know you can set the app so that the camera keeps recording if the camera lost contact with the extended transmitter but what if you just want to start recording before you take off and not use the FPV? Why would you want to do that? For example if your cell phone is about to die and you want to at least get some footage while flying the phantom.

maybe a long press will start the video recording ?

edit:
confirmed from manual

[6] Capture/Record Button (on the bottom of the camera)
Capture function: Press the button once (less than 2 seconds) to take a single capture.
Record function: Press the button once (greater than 2 seconds) to begin recording. Press once again to stop.

Urgno

Thank you!!. That seems to work. I plugged in the battery (with the Phantom on my hand-not flying or anything) and long pressed the button under the camera and it recorded video of my feet etc.

The only thing is the date of the mp4 files defaulted to 1/1/2008. I can live with that.

1/1/2008. Not sure why that date but whatever works.

about the date, I guess because the P2V don't have an internal RTC (real time clock)
so relay to the date of the iphone that is passed to the camera via wifi at first connection

regarding the short press to take a picture, I was wondering who is able to do a 100ft jump to press the button ? :mrgreen: :lol:
seem not much sense to me ... who will someone take pictures while keeping the P2V in his hands ? :?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub