Phantom Vision plus to be discontinued

o_OThat's freaking great!!! I just ordered my Phantom 2V+ two days ago from DJI. I hope I didn't screw myself when I should have just waited to see what's coming out. Oh well, just gives me something to MOD after the new wears off I guess. Besides anything has to be better the the AR drone I just sold :)

C1 is a new TX with twin antennas... Hmmm...

Noticed that on the DJI website yesterday they still had stock of the P2V+, today however it is out of stock. When I questioned DJI they had this to say:

Alistair
Hi, I notice the DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ is now out of stock, will it be stocked again or is it going to be superseded by the new model?

Chat started
Ella joined the chat
Ella
Hi, welcome to DJI online store.

Hi, Alistair, sorry yes, the Phantom 2 Vision+ has no stock at the moment

However, at the moment, we have not got news that the Phantom 2 Vision+ was discontinued.

Alistair
Is the news on this likely to come at the event on April 8th?

Ella
Yes, it is

Hopefully not, it looks to be carrying the same camera as the vision+ . I was hoping for an upgrade to a better camera for stills while also integrating 1080p 60fps on the video side. We'll just have to wait and see.

Hopefully not, it looks to be carrying the same camera as the vision+ . I was hoping for an upgrade to a better camera for stills while also integrating 1080p 60fps on the video side. We'll just have to wait and see.
true, a lightbidge is nice but honestly it will not make your videos and fotos any better and the same counts for the ultra sonic sensors, those are only useless indoors and who the hell flys indoors? The claimed features would be no deal braker to me. I was hoping for a camera with a larger sensor but still lightweight and such a thing was invented by olympus i guess with the air model. A tiny camera with a micro 4/3 sensor size. That would make me happe, not a fisheye action camera with a quality below the gopros.

I believe the photo is real though, I watched a video on YouTube over the weekend , I believe it was "stuff" magazine interviewing dji president and he said "expect some of the inspire features to trickle down to prosumer drones very soon" and I just thought about that when I saw the photo with the optical flow sensors mounted underneath.
Lightbridge would be sweet but it's not what I'm looking for.

You would be better to build your own hex and it would be Roughly $2500 to $3000 but comparable to the S series . If you go for a good second hand transmitter it could be even cheaper again.

Confirmed. I was poking around in the just updated DJI Pilot App and found a few references to Phantom 3. Also the attached wireframe images. You can see the side one shows the vents for the indoor sensors. At least the App will be universal and significantly better then the current Vision App.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-07 at 8.25.47 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-07 at 8.25.47 pm.png
    300.3 KB · Views: 580
Interesting find and hard to argue with this proof . Is that a phantom 2 in the picture? The camera looks bigger, well the lens anyway ?

Nice find TM .... here are the P2 and P3 together scaled to approximately the same size.
The important difference is under the Phantom.
Look at those cameras!!!
A new camera is the biggest + for me.
Just a guess but I suspect this is the Inspire camera in a P2V+ style housing.
An inspire camera in a sub-2kg package would be a huge boost for commercial use.
I wonder about the batteries????
i-wkwrp3Q-L.jpg

Last edited:
Noticed that on the DJI website yesterday they still had stock of the P2V+, today however it is out of stock. When I questioned DJI they had this to say:

Alistair
Hi, I notice the DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ is now out of stock, will it be stocked again or is it going to be superseded by the new model?

Chat started
Ella joined the chat
Ella
Hi, welcome to DJI online store.

Hi, Alistair, sorry yes, the Phantom 2 Vision+ has no stock at the moment

However, at the moment, we have not got news that the Phantom 2 Vision+ was discontinued.

Alistair
Is the news on this likely to come at the event on April 8th?

Ella
Yes, it is
It is still showing up in stock.

Makes sense if... recent new info regarding two P3 variants (Pro, Adv.) is true.

Makes the 2V+ redundant.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4