Phantom Vision plus to be discontinued

Reaction score
According to Jim Bowers of the YouTube channel Demunseed http://youtu.be/oWEcJH7bIW0
New phantom 3 to be announced, soon...

So what does it mean for us? Will it be difficult to fine parts etc.

Interesting and exciting. April is around the corner. Unless it's an April fools joke. Hope not. :)

I'd vote for April fool ... he doesn't inspire me as an informed source.
Just another hoax/rumour.
Doesn't anyone check anything these days?
His Phantom 3 isn't a DJI product at all. Just look at it
i-8dFzfSd-L.jpg

It's clearly a MaxAero X-star
i-VLjzZRW-L.jpg

i-hd3GCgg-L.jpg

MaxAero have been showing it off since December and say they will release it mid-April
http://auteluav.com/Xstar/572.jhtml

Bigdz said:
So what does it mean for us? Will it be difficult to find parts etc.
Why should that be? DJI make a packet selling parts and there is a huge user base to keep milking.

Jim Bowers is far from a trusted source IMO. Ive always found him as annoying and a little bit full of himself. And i doubt the v+ will be immediately discontinued, look how dji is still selling phantom 1 and older models, they'll prob just drop the price on the v+ significantly. Thats just my 2 cents tho

That guy (Jim Bowers) is a douche! Seriously!! I am not able to sit through more than a few seconds of his stupid “jokes” and completely moronic sense of humor. I wouldn’t take one word he says as truth or fact! :roll:

Now that I have that out of my system….I do always enjoy the speculation and hype of upcoming products! :)

Reactions: Ross and MikeTess
considering his usual douchebaggery, I speculate this is an april fool's joke.

No, there will be an Announcement by DJI today,(that's all I'm going to say) regarding the Rumors... :cool: :cool:

Freaking DJI is starting to remind me of the Freaking **** Iphone "marketing BS" that they do...I know everyone knows exactly what I'm talking about :twisted: .... where they launch the new best phone of all time only to some out with the + or S model, then it's a new phone platform..

Anyway my P2V+Platform feels like it just hit some "super cold" water and ...well...SHRINKAGE :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I feel like we are all in a **** Drone reality show....
LOL I'm punchy No Sleep....Hearing about this SUPER P3V+ or whatever it is...We should play one of those College drinking games... "Everytime that this New Drone has FIRMWARE ISSUES you have to "DRINK A SHOT"!!! :twisted: :p

Can't Wait Ohh Boy.....

MOOSE

Finding parts shouldn't be a problem as the base components are universal throughout the industry.

Since their warranty is short-lived, many are seeking 3rd party to fix their equipment and www.uavdirect.com is a great source for parts, that's where I go.

Many are also enhancing the current DJI version and it could be better than their newest product due out next month. Time will tell.

Reactions: MVD
My prediction is that a new Phantom will be out in 2015 :cool:

Bigdz said:
So what does it mean for us? Will it be difficult to fine parts etc.

Purely speculative on my part, but based on the evolution from P1 to P2, I expect a P3 (if there is one) airframe configuration to be similar, with a lot of parts commonality. Otherwise, they wouldn't call it a Phantom.

Then again, I often find myself bewildered when I try to figure out the Chinese.

If it's not part of a P2 phase-out I hope it's a wee bit bigger and 6 rotors.

The new phantom will be announced in Las Vegas next month (fact). All dealers know this much.

So the phantom 3 arrival is going to be soon?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj