Phantom Vision Plus photos

Reaction score
Hello,
First I want to say how thankful I am for this site and ALL of you. You all have helped me so much!!!

Ok, now I just got the PV+ and I am new to photography and all that is involved. I need help because some of the aerial photos I take have a curved horizon (not sure if that's the right terminology), but it looks rounded I guess. What is the deal with that? How do I fix that? Is it something in the camera settings or something that is fixed when editing? Thank you so much!!!

Gianttonyboy said:
Hello,
First I want to say how thankful I am for this site and ALL of you. You all have helped me so much!!!

Ok, now I just got the PV+ and I am new to photography and all that is involved. I need help because some of the aerial photos I take have a curved horizon (not sure if that's the right terminology), but it looks rounded I guess. What is the deal with that? How do I fix that? Is it something in the camera settings or something that is fixed when editing? Thank you so much!!!

It's because of the wide field of view of the Vision+'s camera. You can correct it in photo-editing software.

Ok, what photo editing software do you recommend? Something that is pretty basic and easy to use. Like I said, not familiar with photo editing, etc. Thanks

There's lots to choose from. I'm partial to a Windows package called "Paintshop Pro", which is moderately priced, and works well. Professionals use "Photoshop", but that's extremely expensive. Perhaps other people can add their recommendations?

Photoshop works great and has a DJI lens filter built in which works well.

What Photoshop do I need to purchase that has the DJI lens filter? I just know there are do many versions/packages for Photoshop. Can I purchase and download directly online or do I need to go out and purchase a disc? Do you have any suggestions of where would have best price?

Search for Adobe Camera Raw. It's free, has the lens correction in it, and will handle then"dng" files. Good luck.

Ron

All of those mentioned will cost 1/2 of what the drone did... ;)

GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) is a free "open system" post processor and has lens correction.

I have found that -55 setting in "main" and +10 in the "edge" do a great job.

Good luck.

Gianttonyboy said:
Hello,

As I suggested to another forum member yesterday, the GoPro Studio is free and should suit your needs just fine :)

So you guys are saying that Photoshop is not necessary to do what I'm looking for? The Adobe Camera Raw and the GIMP programs are free downloadable programs? Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj