Phantom vision plus & GOPRO? your opinion

Reaction score
Watching many viedos, photos of gimbal of new V+, I could say, that in closeat future DJI may build kind of adaptor, small mod which give us possibility to use GoPro cameras. If You take a look closer to the V+ gimbal if disconnect camera and then put like a holder o like mentioned before, some kind of adaptor, at least in theory is possible. What do You think? Would be nice to have such connection.

It would be nice, but if it could happen I'd put more faith in some third party getting that set up instead as DJI doesn't appear to be focused on manufacturing stuff like that to support customer desires after their initial purchase. If anything, they'd probably design and include that as a feature in a "Phantom 2 Vision+ Choice Select" model that will be available just in time for the holiday season. (Did I just give them an idea for the next model name?)

Ignoring the question of whether or not it could be done (I think we all agree that it probably could, with enough effort and design), there are also other issues. How would we get FPV from the GoPro camera? (I don't know if there would be a way to use GoPro's phone app and connect via DJI's WiFi booster.) Even if that would work, there would be the problematic absence of telemetry data. (I guess it might not be so terrible if just flying LOS.) And we don't know if the gimbal would be properly balanced (it probably wouldn't).

If you're looking to have this (I'd really like to see it happen too), the more plausible option might be to see if there would be any way to adapt something like a Tarot, Arris, or even Zenmuse gimbal to work with the P2V+. That could happen in the future... you never know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.