Phantom Vision not connecting

Reaction score
Having a problem with connecting to the Phantom Vision. Everything is fully charged. I bring the app up on my phone and connect with the wifi and then I tap the camera icon on the menu, it goes to the next screen that is black and not showing image, the wifi symbol is blue for about 2 sec. then turns to gray. The battery symbol shows 0 percent and it's showing no memory card. ( there is a card in the camera ) not sure if its a camera issue or software. made one flight and then this happened.
( When it was connected for the first time there was a live image from the camera, now all there is is a black screen )

Forgot to mention earlier that with the black screen it flashes " Phantom 2 Vision Connection "

Make sure the wifi stays locked on the vision. It may tend to jump off and connect to another wifi, especially if you are near your house or other source of recognized wifi. You may need to tell your smart phone to ignore the other wifi. I know you mentioned everything was fully charge, but thought I'd mention making sure the extender is fully charged, and that you are connecting to it, not the camera directly. Phantomxxx something or other, would be the extender. Hope that helps,

Rich

I am having the same issue. I first thought it was my phone, but realized I was connected to the repeater, with a good signal. Tried power cycling the phone, putting it in airplane mode, etc. Still wouldn't connect. I eventually power cycled the entire phantom system and it came right up. This seems to happen about every other flight. I've tried this in several locations (near the house, wide open field, etc) always a 50/50 chance it won't connect. Any thoughts?

The only other things that comes to mind, are some issues that I too have had. On occasion I noticed that my video signal will be frozen on an image from an earlier time. And sometimes just black, with maybe intermittent blinking. Later I realized that either I accidentally pressed the auto capture (3second intervals) button, or it switched to that mode on its own. It's happened several times to me. I realized that many of the times when I was having a problem with the phone connection it was in that mode, and overwhelming the little memory card. Photos every few seconds, while its trying to write them to the memory just didn't work while trying to live stream. Later I adjusted the photo preview from high quality to low quality and though what I see on screen isn't great quality, it's good enough for me to line up my shots, and the connection works well. It still slips into that mode sometimes, but I can usually recycle the app to allow me to get back into the setting and change it to single photo.

I know it's not exactly the problem you've described, but the fix, whatever it may be, might just have to do with reducing the demands on the connection, one by one. I would take the blades off, and try and get the camera nice and set up while in you home nice and comfortably, just to see if you can, without being out in the wind or elements. Then play with the camera setting without flying, just to get the feel( since it sounds like you haven't been able to do with all of the issues stated). Hopefully it's just one of those things where it's doing to much, like pressing enter on a pc, while its updating programs in the background. Also be sure to close all other apps on you smart device if you didn't already.

Good luck fellas, I hope there is something useful in all that babble. I'm truly enjoying my flights, and I'm sure you will too.

Rich

mike1958 said:
Having a problem with connecting to the Phantom Vision. Everything is fully charged. I bring the app up on my phone and connect with the wifi and then I tap the camera icon on the menu, it goes to the next screen that is black and not showing image, the wifi symbol is blue for about 2 sec. then turns to gray. The battery symbol shows 0 percent and it's showing no memory card. ( there is a card in the camera ) not sure if its a camera issue or software. made one flight and then this happened.
( When it was connected for the first time there was a live image from the camera, now all there is is a black screen )

Forgot to mention earlier that with the black screen it flashes " Phantom 2 Vision Connection "

Just unbowed my Phantom Vision 2. Same thing is happening to me.

Since getting the dreaded Invalid Battery warning, I've had some time to mess with the camera connection issue on the bench. Like I said earlier, it's a 50/50 chance that it won't connect when first powered up. I've found that if it doesn't connect, I leave everything powered up and cycle the camera power switch from wifi to off, then back to wifi. It may take a couple of tries, but at least I'm able to get it to work. Hope that helps somebody... Now, if I we could only fix the Invalid Battery problem, I'd be back in business.

mike1958 said:

I was having this same problem too. I went through a rebinding process between the wifi extender and the Phantom and everything works great. Look in the downloaded manual for the Phantom Vision. I believe it is on page 14 or 15. Try that and see if it helps.

I went from flying the thing for a week to my phone not picking up the camera...I don't know much about apps and computer software but I scanned the QR code on my box and it downloaded the proper DJI app, then I binded the phone and the equipment. They both paired up and wala. it was good to go

julio8442 said:
I went from flying the thing for a week to my phone not picking up the camera...I don't know much about apps and computer software but I scanned the QR code on my box and it downloaded the proper DJI app, then I binded the phone and the equipment. They both paired up and wala. it was good to go

OFF TOPIC - "wala"?
i googled it and got ...
Wala - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wala may refer to: Wala (goddess), a sun goddess in Australian aboriginal spirituality; Weighted Average Loan Age, a term relating to mortgage-backed ...

Urban Dictionary: wala
2 girls usually of mixed race, like one white and one brown. Usually enjoying getting stoned.

?.. (or was it Voila?)

Guys I had very similar issues with wifi problems. I'm using Android Note 3.

There is a weird setting in Android phones that says.

Auto Network Switch. - Make sure this is UNCHECKED

what happens is that if it thinks network is weak it will try and connect to Celular data or other wifi network.

New to the forum...

I had a similar issue during the 2nd day of flying. The camera was stuck on a random picture - appeared to be when the Vision 2+ was turned on. I realized later (after flying and editing the videos) that I had upgraded the app software (IOS - iPhone 4) earlier in the day. Rebooting the phone fixed my issue.

Same issue here. After updating to firmware 3.04 and updating the iPhone app - the P2V will not connect via Wi-Fi. It worked perfectly just before the update.

The update surely messes up the P2V ability to connect or establish a new network. I have managed once - after 45 min of turning on/off - to get the app to connect to the P2V with a green light in the app - but when I go to the Camera in the app I get error message: Connection to Phantom failed. If I then slide to the Ground Station then it's not working(active) stating "Ground Station Failed to Open"

Clearly update 3.04 messes up some P2V - DO NOT UPDATE UNTIL THIS IS FIXED

Attachments

• camera.PNG
    camera.PNG
    195 KB · Views: 751
Could the issue be with the RC - In the RC software the Device Info says: No Updates for a split second when turning on, then shifts to "Latest version: 1.0.2.22" like is should be updated. But Firmware is listed as 1.0.2.22 already, so I'm thinking something went wrong with the RC update?

Trying to "re-update" it again, makes no difference.

Is there a way to "hard reset" or downgrade the RC to start over?

Attachments

• rc.jpg
    rc.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 762
My Vision app has not been able to connect since Day 1. I have bound and rebound, downloaded the app again and still get the error message shown. Any help so I can actually use the Phantom?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 740
Gino1 said:
All I did was updated firmware multiple times. Finally worked

No luck. Updated firmware several times on copter and controller. Still getting the same "Connection to Phantom Failed"

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1