phantom vision motors wont start after updating to ver 3

Reaction score
Has any one else had any problems were they could not get there motors to start after updating the firmware and the phantom assistant??

I cant get the motors to start if update to version 3 assistant if I down grade to ver 1.8 they start no problem then if I re-update it back to ver 3 they don't come one for any thing . I tried rebinding the controller even tried updating the controller firmware in the RC assist and recalibrating it Againnnnnnn and it still don't seem to help. Yet no problem if i fall back to v1.8
I also made sure I updated the pc330b to.

So any one know what the trick is to get the motors to spin? after up dating every thing
all I get when I pull the sticks down to the center is my leds turn to red telling me the sticks arent centered when of course they are not of Im holding then down and to the center. and just to be sure my tx as calibrated I just redid it in the RC assistant and in the phantom assistant 3.

I thought it might of been that to cause there is an airport no flyzone a few miles away But its only a category B blue zone one. But I'm a few miles out side of the blue circle on DJIs map on that page.

Just found out what it was atleast in my case of why it wont start after the updates. I have a broken GPS board. Turns out the new version dont let you start the motors if it don't think there is a GPS module plunged in. I just happened to have to open up my fc40 to add a new antenna pig tail and while I had it open I had an hunch the broken gps might be the culprit with the visions motors not running so I re updated it and confirmed the motors would not start. Then i plugged the fc40s GPS in to it and it started right up. Unpluged it and again got no motor start. SO it has to be the bad GPS BOARD. which sucks cause I had just replaced the boards cracked ceramic antenna and it still dont work or even show up that its plugged in to the vision. So I need a new gps unit.

ANy up date to this. I just updated to Ver3 and my Phantom2 won't spin up. lights come on. just won't spin up.

ANy up date to this. I just updated to Ver3 and my Phantom2 won't spin up. lights come on. just won't spin up.

In my case it seemed like it was because I had a problem with my GPS module. Being I was able to get it to work when I borrowed the gps out of my fc40 and would not spin up again in ver 3 when it was taken back out. I have a new one coming tomorrow and hoping that should work again for me.(knock on wood) But I see a lot of other posts about ver 3 not working for a bunch of other people. and it cant all be from bad gps units so I would suspect there is some thing else behind it not working for every one else thats havering the same problem.

How do you install a lower version? I would like to remove version 3?
I can go back to ver 1.8 just by opening up 1.8 and then doing the updates. or go back to 3 by doing the same thing with out any hitches. Tho getting ver 2 back seems to not work at all for me. I cant go down from 3or even trying to go back to 1.8 then up to ver 2 wont let me do the updates at all.

There is a way to backwards update the firmware on my fc40 by going to the naza page were you update the firmware and clicking in any ware on the window you download the firm ware and typing the word door then a pop up window comes up and you put in admin for username and 125 for the password. But for the vision the password 125 don't seem to work. BUT I suspect there is one that will let the vision do it. cause the door command does bring up the window asking for the user id and pass word.

I was going to look in to it some more once I get the new gps and will finely be done with my rebuild/ resurrection of a completely crashed and trashed phantom vision I have been working on.

new gps arrived and again it now works for me in naza 3.o and the latest firmware update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers