Phantom Vision Model and Version Numbers

Reaction score
Hello,

I received a P2V for Christmas. It was ordered on 9-Dec. here are the model/V numbers:

P2V
Model No PV330
V1.4

Remote Control
Model No PVT581
V1.4
--side note, no external USB

So my question is, do different P2V owners have visions with different model or version numbers? If so, do different model numbers suggest hardware differences while version numbers indicate maybe the firmware it was shipped with?

Just curious about these... Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AresSK said:
Hello,

I received a P2V for Christmas. It was ordered on 9-Dec. here are the model/V numbers:

P2V
Model No PV330
V1.4

Remote Control
Model No PVT581
V1.4

So my question is, do different P2V owners have visions with different model or version numbers? If so, do different model numbers suggest hardware differences while version numbers indicate maybe the firmware it was shipped with?

Preordered mine from BH Photo, first shipment that went out, same model and version numbers, no external USB.

AresSK said:
Hello,

P2V
Model No PV330
V1.4

Remote Control
Model No PVT581
V1.4

Don't have serial number handy but know mine didn't come with external USB on tx. If your wondering whether to update firmware or not; I'd just update it ASAP cos I've read several posts regarding communication issues which shouldn't happen if all the correct firmware is uploaded.

I just received my Phantom 2 Vision from Amazon today. I was rather disappointed to find out that this expensive thing came with an old remote with no usb port on the bottom- PVT581. That's just probably the stupidest thing I've ever seen. For this amount of money and having a Phantom 2 Vision, you'd think they wouldn't of shipped out these old controllers with it? Why would DJI even ship a new Phantom 2 Vision with a PVT581 with no usb port on the bottom? On all of the instructions it says there's a USB port...yet I don't have a usb port. Opening up the controller every time there's an update just doesn't seem safe.

I'll be very surprised if there are many other controller firmware updates, to be honest. It's not like it's a smart transmitter with programmable features, or anything. The last update was specifically to improve range on the CE mode. Now that's done, there's not a lot else that needs to be changed, really.

Where it might get inconvenient is if you find yourself needing to do transmitter calibrations because you can't get the sticks centred via the Vision Assistant - but I haven't seen many reports of people needing to do that thus far so hopefully won't be an issue either.

yea it's whatever I guess, I'll see if I can somehow get Amazon to swap me out with the newer controller or something.

Re: Phantom Vision 2 Remote Control

Ok today I received a different Phantom 2 Vision. It didn't have the USB port on the bottom of the remote for easy updating. I contacted Dronefly.com to ask about it, they said only the Phantom 2 has the usb port due to the gimble for the GoPro, but the Phantom 2 Vision won't come with the usb port. Maybe the DJI Wiki is incorrect then, because the Wiki states newer ones come with the usb port. I tried contacting DJI support last week but I never heard anything back from them.

Re: Phantom Vision 2 Remote Control

w0by said:
Ok today I received a different Phantom 2 Vision. It didn't have the USB port on the bottom of the remote for easy updating. I contacted Dronefly.com to ask about it, they said only the Phantom 2 has the usb port due to the gimble for the GoPro, but the Phantom 2 Vision won't come with the usb port. Maybe the DJI Wiki is incorrect then, because the Wiki states newer ones come with the usb port. I tried contacting DJI support last week but I never heard anything back from them.

Didn't someone post in this forum that they had one, and supplied a picture of it??? :? :? :?

-slinger

I've been to the DroneFly warehouse, they showed me that their newer shipments still aren't coming with the usb drive already out.
Most of them need the usb plugin part pulled down and out the little slot on the bottom.

I don't know anywhere that sells them already done, or they're just simply selling them like this and pulling the port down before shipping. :ugeek:

I received my P2V today as we'll from B&H. I only ordered there after I called them on the phone and specifically asked the question about the external tx USB port...after doing a lot of research of this forum. B&H called their supplier and confirmed that the old shipments had the internal USB, but that it was not longer an issue with new shipments. Imagine my surprise/anger :evil: when I opened my box and found the internal USB. Pisses me off.

I have been at Dronefly the same day a shipment arrived from DJI. All Vision controllers had the USB port inside. The P2 had it outside. I know it is a new vintage Vision because the rugged tips on the internal power connector and the version of the firmware. I guess, no such a thing as external USB for the Vision. In either case, no big deal since you seldom have an update.

Hey Guys,

I received my Phantom 2 Vision in December. Same Model and Version number, as well as the usb port being internal. My biggest question is what version of the Naza-M V2 is installed in my phantom because it is lacking several features listed as part of the package, i.e.; Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC) Flight, course lock flight, home lock flight, several enhanced fail safe features and selection of flight control modes. My controller only uses the S1 switch in a very limited way. I spoke to a tech at the North America HQ and he said that those features were potentially left out on purpose. Anybody have an idea what the issue is here??

Thanks,

Ted S.

TedSmpsn said:
Hey Guys,

I received my Phantom 2 Vision in December. Same Model and Version number, as well as the usb port being internal. My biggest question is what version of the Naza-M V2 is installed in my phantom because it is lacking several features listed as part of the package, i.e.; Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC) Flight, course lock flight, home lock flight, several enhanced fail safe features and selection of flight control modes. My controller only uses the S1 switch in a very limited way. I spoke to a tech at the North America HQ and he said that those features were potentially left out on purpose. Anybody have an idea what the issue is here??

Thanks,

Ted S.
This is normal. You need to dig into the Assistant software and switch yours to "NAZA-M MODE", which is like "advanced mode". By default, all P2V's come set to the more-limited "PHANTOM 2 VISION" mode for safety & simplicity. Please see p. 52 in the current User Manual.

Just received a replacement P2V from amazon.com yesterday. All the software including the camera (1.19) were up to date. My controller does *not* have an external USB port. New stickers on the box stating 'purchase from dji.com' even though it was amazon.com

Asked DJI to clarify, but still nothing back from DJI's support.

Does anyone have an unmodified P2V controller with an external USB port?

*Just test flew the new one... I'm easily getting 3-4x the range. Interesting.

Why does anyone even care? I have seen NO evidence that a P2V transmitter exists with an external USB port. Nothing could be less important. There have been NO updates in months and none are likely for the foreseeable future. Even if there were, it is simply the removal of 4 screws to access the internal USB port. Geeze

ClimbrJohn said:

Yeah, that's been there since last year...
This page was last modified on 18 November 2013, at 03:36.
I don't think anyone's seen one in the wild yet, though.

As has been said, it's a dumb transmitter, it's not programmable, doesn't have any bells and whistles. Short of changing the power settings for regulatory purposes or discovering an error in the way the base code is working there's really nothing to tweak on there. The only time I can see it being useful is if you have a calibration issue that the standard Vision Assistant tx calibration can't solve, then you may need to plug into the tx and do a direct hardware stick calibration using RC Assistant. I've only come across a couple of examples of people needing to do that, though... The one and only update it has had was to change the way it handles transmitting in CE mode to improve range with that lower power setting, and that required a parallel receiver firmware update as well.

Follow-up from previous post. While I was upset that the tx did not come with an external USB port as advertised over the phone. I can now see that this is not that big of a deal with the Vision. I updated my firmware before my first flight and calibrated my sticks just fine. She flew perfectly and glided across the sky without any issue related to tx. No need to pop that tx thing open....yet. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic