Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom Vision in New York Times Today

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by DC-Wonk, Jan 2, 2014.

1. DC-Wonk

2. PAValentine

3. ChesterT

My daughter is the European economics reporter for the NYT. While she lives in Paris, she and her two brothers were home for the holidays. While my son's and I were flying my P2V at dusk, Elizabeth was taking videos with her camera. She then posted some of the videos on her Facebook page and was bombarded with "I want one!" and "Where can I get one?" I don't know the actual number of responses she received, but it was pretty large.

Unfortunately I have recently seen on my Google news page that was writing about the FAA site selection for drone science, pictures of the DJI P2V, which to me, means our 'little fun toy' will possibly be included in what ever flight regulations will be forthcoming from the FAA!

Enjoy 'em while you can!

ChesterT

4. Richhealth

DC-Wonk, thanks for posting the article. I'm starting to get approached by more and more people who says they've seen others flying something similar, or they saw something in the media about them. It's nice to see a positive angle regarding quads in a story.

Happy New Year,

Rich

5. Waterborne

6. Nvr2fst

Hard to land? :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Wobbly video with the first one Phantom? Not if you balanced the blades like you were supposed to. Before I ever flew my first Phantom I balanced the blades and I have had zero wobble. None. Took a couple of minutes. I never got to see the wobble except for what I see in other people's videos that didn't balance their blades.

7. Nvr2fst

None of my videos show anything from the props. Jelloing. Sure there will be wobble from moving around without a gimbal but you get jello from unbalanced props.