Phantom Vision Firmware Update WISHLIST

another one... Tie the TX to the Specific Phantom. thus if lost it is useless to anyone as you would need both the original TX and the phantom to be able to change TX Units...

Much Like the new robot lawn mowers they are keyed to the specific charger units / home base units and if someone picks it up it is useless to them as it won't charge with another base unit

Morgan 1983 said:
My phantom upgrade wish list:
DJI app takes your gps point off your cellphone and instructs the drone to fly a user determined radius around the cellphone. Combine this with a key lock feature on the tx so you could launch your phantom, set your radius and start filming, then stuff your tx in your back pack, then snowboard down the mountain and be chased by the drone. Further features would be tracking the user from behind or infront, rather than circling.

In front??
I believe that will need the oft-rumored 'clairvoyance' module that's not released to the market yet :lol:

THell said:
another one... Tie the TX to the Specific Phantom. thus if lost it is useless to anyone as you would need both the original TX and the phantom to be able to change TX Units...

Much Like the new robot lawn mowers they are keyed to the specific charger units / home base units and if someone picks it up it is useless to them as it won't charge with another base unit

That's just asking to take away the 'rebind' capability. People will just need to replace the rx with a new pair to get around this limitation.

My wish list, the Naza Assistant, which could be combined with the Vision App. Great for checking and adjusting the various things in the Assistant.

ludorhb said:
I'd like to see a follow me mode. The phantom could follow your cell phone using the cell phone GPS coordinates.
I could see Groundstation relaying the phone's GPS coord's to PV's AutoPilot, or periodically just telling it which compass direction & vel to fly.

Morgan 1983 said:
DJI app takes your gps point off your cellphone and instructs the drone to fly a user determined radius around the cellphone. Combine this with a key lock feature on the tx so you could launch your phantom, set your radius and start filming, then stuff your tx in your back pack, then snowboard down the mountain and be chased by the drone. Further features would be tracking the user from behind or infront, rather than circling.
Again Groundstation, but likely more math intensive (circling, yawning to point camera at you,) not sure how processor intensive this is for the AutoPilot, as I believe the Grounstation app just uploads pre-calculated values & coord's.

One thing I'd add since -you- will no longer be at HOME from where you took off, it might be a good idea to be able to manually set a new HOME or LZ for where you intend to be at the end of your walk/run/skate/drive/ski/snowboard etc. Ideally by dropping a pin on a map (and yes I do realize there are technical problems with map vs physical HOME set). Or to simplify just go to the destination first to set HOME, then carry or fly the PV back to the start. You did say "Wishlist" right? :D

iDrone

iDrone said:
ludorhb said:
I'd like to see a follow me mode. The phantom could follow your cell phone using the cell phone GPS coordinates.
I could see Groundstation relaying the phone's GPS coord's to PV's AutoPilot, or periodically just telling it which compass direction & vel to fly.

Morgan 1983 said:
Again Groundstation, but likely more math intensive (circling, yawning to point camera at you,) not sure how processor intensive this is for the AutoPilot, as I believe the Grounstation app just uploads pre-calculated values & coord's.

One thing I'd add since -you- will no longer be at HOME from where you took off, it might be a good idea to be able to manually set a new HOME or LZ for where you intend to be at the end of your walk/run/skate/drive/ski/snowboard etc. Ideally by dropping a pin on a map (and yes I do realize there are technical problems with map vs physical HOME set). Or to simplify just go to the destination first to set HOME, then carry or fly the PV back to the start. You did say "Wishlist" right? :D

iDrone

Hey I like that suggestion of turning your Phantom on and having it set a home point. Hop in a car and drive a couple miles away (without turning off vision so the home point remains locked) Then set the baby down. Take if off to a couple hundred feet then hit the fail safe RTH and have some nice video of a 2 mile long flight :p No Ground Station Required. lol

LeoS said:
[
THell said:

That's just asking to take away the 'rebind' capability. People will just need to replace the rx with a new pair to get around this limitation.

Agree with you but it makes it a bit more of a PITA to the average thief

Ideal would be to put the Sim technology into the phantom BUT that is not a firmware update thing

Nice thread. I really like the POI idea (nice demo video Pull_Up).

There is so much that could be done in the combination of firmware and the app. I just hope that either DJI continues development rather than just going off and working on the next one, or that they open source it all and allow interested users to make improvements, although that would open up several cans of worms...

How about increasing the font size/improving the contrast of the Distance/Altitude/Speed display in the DJI Vision App? Even on an iPad, I have difficulty reading the info and I don't really like wearing reading glasses when flying!

Celt in Siam said:
How about increasing the font size/improving the contrast of the Distance/Altitude/Speed display in the DJI Vision App? Even on an iPad, I have difficulty reading the info and I don't really like wearing reading glasses when flying!

+1 !!!!!!

-slinger

New guy here, had my vision a couple weeks.

My wish is a button/push point on the app that orients the phantom at the home point but does nothing else. Just aim it back to the home point.
A few times I've been flying the phantom out of sight and going by the fpv when I lost connection. I figure out how to get it back but a "aim it back this way" button would be awesome. Then I can just fly it back until the camera hooks back up and then go on about my flight plan.

MovingZen said:

My wish is a button/push point on the app that orients the phantom at the home point but does nothing else. Just aim it back to the home point.
A few times I've been flying the phantom out of sight and going by the fpv when I lost connection. I figure out how to get it back but a "aim it back this way" button would be awesome. Then I can just fly it back until the camera hooks back up and then go on about my flight plan.

You wish is DJI's command... Welcome to IOC Home Lock mode... That's pretty much exactly what it does. Do a search on this forum for IOC...

-slinger

I would like to be able to do exposure bracketing on the Vision Camera...

+1 on the fail safe return home altitude modification.
+1 on the beep for lost phantom.

hvilorio said:
I would like to be able to do exposure bracketing on the Vision Camera...

+1 on the fail safe return home altitude modification.
+1 on the beep for lost phantom.

+1 on all three...

What's wrong with an ELT beacon, there's all the necessary equipment on board for two of them, on 2.4 & 5.8GHz!?!! On the 2.4GHz all that would be needed is a software based signal meter or tone generator within the DJI app & you could use the repeater's directional antenna to locate the downed aircraft. This would be crude but would be effective since your search area would be pretty small....

You would have to have a small battery cell, like a coin battery inside the camera now that I've thought thru it.

Is there any way we as a community could send these suggestions to DJI... Colin Quinn for example..
he may ignore us but then again it may give him some ideas...

THell said:
Is there any way we as a community could send these suggestions to DJI... Colin Quinn for example..
he may ignore us but then again it may give him some ideas...

Colin Quinn... OH yeah... Isn't he the Ryan Seacrest clone that fronts DJI? Isn't he supposed to be CEO or something? I wonder how much sway he actually has with the actual operation of DJI...

-slinger

gunslinger said:
MovingZen said:

You wish is DJI's command... Welcome to IOC Home Lock mode... That's pretty much exactly what it does. Do a search on this forum for IOC...

-slinger
Thanks man, looked it up and I'm pretty sure I'm not ready for NAZA mode. Interesting that a home lock mode is in the advanced flying area when it seems more of a help to new flyers. It would be pretty sweet to be able to flip the switch up, pull down on the stick, and the copter would just fly back in my direction until I can get the wifi hooked back up. Now that I think about it, it was kind of silly to expect a button on the app to turn the p2v towards home when the wifi is disconnected. doh!
DJI should put the home lock mode into the beginners area because it seems like a beginners function.

MovingZen said:
gunslinger said:
MovingZen said:

-slinger
Thanks man, looked it up and I'm pretty sure I'm not ready for NAZA mode. Interesting that a home lock mode is in the advanced flying area when it seems more of a help to new flyers. It would be pretty sweet to be able to flip the switch up, pull down on the stick, and the copter would just fly back in my direction until I can get the wifi hooked back up. Now that I think about it, it was kind of silly to expect a button on the app to turn the p2v towards home when the wifi is disconnected. doh!
DJI should put the home lock mode into the beginners area because it seems like a beginners function.

Actually in NAZA mode with both switches set to the top (towards the antenna) you're in GPS mode and it will fly exactly the same as it flies now. NAZA also gives you the ability to set your right switch all the way down to force an RTH (return to home) that you don't have in standard Phantom mode.

The ONLY downside is the lights send out a bit more complex patterns. And that's only a downside until you learn what they all mean, since it's communicating a lot more information to you than it does in standard Phantom mode...

-slinger

Hi all,

I'm a new DJI Phantom owner as of Christmas but I have built and flown a couple of other multirotors from 3DR and a DIY from HobbyKing.
I live in Austin, TX where Colin "G"uinn lives, his name isn't exactly like the MTV VJ but sounds like it when he says it.

I met Colin through a high school friend of mine, they are neighbors.

So far, my only issue with the Phantom is that you can't override the fail safe return to home altitude, ascend and descend settings. I have a couple of APM Ardupilots and all of those settings are controllable. In my opinion, the Phantom takes way too long to land on its own.

flick the S1 switch from the top to the down position and back this will override the RTH autopilot and give you back controls

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl