Phantom Vision Firmware Update WISHLIST

Reaction score
Since the Phantom 2/Vision is still being rapidly being patched and updated, here's my personal wishlist of some feature and fixes that I hope to make it to future update:

1. Ability to retain file numbering of the FC-200 camera. I hate it when the file reset to DJI0001.mp4/jpg every time I change microsd card or format one. If this is a hardware limitation, that would really suck.

2. Ability to change the minimum altitude during failsafe (current default is 20m).

3. Ability to change the minimal number of satellite locks (from the magic '7'). Of course we need to know more of the limitations of the DJI's GPS to safely make better use of this feature.

LeoS said:
Since the Phantom 2/Vision is still being rapidly being patched and updated, here's my personal wishlist of some feature and fixes that I hope to make it to future update:

1. Ability to retain file numbering of the FC-200 camera. I hate it when the file reset to DJI0001.mp4/jpg every time I change microsd card or format one. If this is a hardware limitation, that would really suck.

2. Ability to change the minimum altitude during failsafe (current default is 20m).

3. Ability to change the minimal number of satellite locks (from the magic '7'). Of course we need to know more of the limitations of the DJI's GPS to safely make better use of this feature.

The magic satellite loc! Number is 6 not 7. I would also like to see digital zoom added as well as the ability to take pictures while video is shooting.

I would love it if they could have a POI function similar to that available with the Wookong M controllers:

http://youtu.be/hicl3PkmCvs

Smooth always-nose-in or nose-out circular pans would be very nice for both video and stills. As we're getting waypoint navigation driven by the app, in theory we should be able to have some of the advanced features of the more pro-grade controllers with the app doing the number-crunching rather than the controller in the Vision.

Pull_Up said:
I would love it if they could have a POI function similar to that available with the Wookong M controllers:

http://youtu.be/hicl3PkmCvs

Smooth always-nose-in or nose-out circular pans would be very nice for both video and stills. As we're getting waypoint navigation driven by the app, in theory we should be able to have some of the advanced features of the more pro-grade controllers with the app doing the number-crunching rather than the controller in the Vision.

+1 on that.

Good thread.
Hopefully DJI will make this P2V a wonderfully reliable platform,
an eliminate all the fly-away and unintended an unnecessary
landings and crashes.
That is my first, biggest wish.

Then, the other suggestions are great also, making many of
the "fixed" parameters into user adjusted values.

A flight range limit and altitude limit would be very useful,
which would help limit loss of control and perhaps help
prevent fly-aways.

A warning for low RC signal strength would be good,
and an RC signal strength value would even be better.

Then, a do not fly beyond a user-selected minimum RC signal strength
would be a nice feature.

If there are nice features that cannot be used because of other patents,
let me know what the patent numbers are, and I will try to see if there
is a way to implement a similar feature without violating the patent.

Cheers, Gary

Fly a circle given 3 points.

Camera setting and Copter yaw to keep recording one point, in video or still sequences.

Fly, and record by a user-written or created script of points and actions.

Have a PC or Smartphone app to help a user create geo-based flight
and recording scripts.

Note: The more ideas and features that we disclose here,
the more that cannot be patented by others.

On the GPS satellite number, the minimum number of connected sats to receive a GPS location is only 3, but the location derived for that many satellites has an accuracy limitation! For each "extra" satellite the accuracy greatly improves! Dji claim a GPS lock of X heigh and X wide, this would be based on 6 or more satellites connected.

The GPS position accuracy is more a function of where the locked satellites are located,
rather than simply how many are locked. Also, absolute accuracy depends on weather
conditions and signal propagation conditions.

However, most of our usage is not absolute positioning, but relative positioning,
usually relative to the last-set Home position. The new ability to create a new Home
position is super.

The ability to remember several Home locations, and going back to the last one
in a fail-safe situation is great, but having the further ability to tell the P2V to
fly back, from the last home, to one of the other home positions, selected by the user,
would be Super.

garygid said:
The GPS position accuracy is more a function of where the locked satellites are located,
rather than simply how many are locked. Also, absolute accuracy depends on weather
conditions and signal propagation conditions.

However, most of our usage is not absolute positioning, but relative positioning,
usually relative to the last-set Home position. The new ability to create a new Home
position is super.

The ability to remember several Home locations, and going back to the last one
in a fail-safe situation is great, but having the further ability to tell the P2V to
fly back, from the last home, to one of the other home positions, selected by the user,
would be Super.

I didn't want to get I to the finer details of how GPS worked, but care to elaborate on that??

To my understanding, as long as the GPS device is connected (receiving from) a satellite, the position of the actual satelite is used for calculation by the GPS device, but shouldn't affect the accuracy.

Each of the many GPS transmitters in space are operating on a slightly different frequency to each other and transmit the location of itself and the exact time, the GPS receiver uses the delay between the multiple signals to determine exactly where it is. The more signals its receiving, the more accurately it can calculate the exact location, and also determine if one signal is faulty (reflection/refraction).

**Two satellites would result in a position that could be anywhere along a circular path, three satellites could give a location at two points (one point below and one above the satellites) four sats, is most likely to give the true location (unless the delay between the four sats is exactly the same, then it "could" be two positions like the 3 sat example)**

**this is all positions in empty space, most GPS devices can safely assume we are on earth a disregard any given locations "above" the satellites

I'd like to see a follow me mode. The phantom could follow your cell phone using the cell phone GPS coordinates.

If the quad. Looses contact with receiver and is forced to land as soon as it lands it should wait a minute then start playing its startup tune over and over to aid the owner in locating it

THell said:
If the quad. Looses contact with receiver and is forced to land as soon as it lands it should wait a minute then start playing its startup tune over and over to aid the owner in locating it

Now that is a great idea! Even if you don't find it, there's a good chance someone will if it's beeping away like that - as long as you've got your "reward if returned, call xxx" sticker on it they are very likely to call you if only to get you to shut the thing up!

My phantom upgrade wish list:
DJI app takes your gps point off your cellphone and instructs the drone to fly a user determined radius around the cellphone. Combine this with a key lock feature on the tx so you could launch your phantom, set your radius and start filming, then stuff your tx in your back pack, then snowboard down the mountain and be chased by the drone. Further features would be tracking the user from behind or infront, rather than circling.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj