Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom Vision + Camera stability

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by dhartless, Sep 22, 2014.

1. dhartless

Everyone, I just received my first Phantom Vision + recently. I am very pleased with it so far. Forgive me, I am a newbie to this and this is my first post. I have taking this out for 3 flights now. I am so far very impressed. However, I have noticed that the camera tilts and is not level when I make a left or right turn, thus creating an leaning on the FPV etc. Guess a better way to describe it is when flying camera facing away straight forward make use the right stick and make a left or right motion, it then has the leaning in the video. I am under the impression that this camera should be level on most turns etc. From all the videos that I have seen online, none of them have this effect in any of the videos.

So, I have taken these steps so far;

Updated the firmware, done all necessary calibrations (advanced and basic). Thought maybe it was a compass issue at first, but I really am not sure. Is this something to expect from this Phantom? Should I return it? Please help.

Thanks,

2. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

In the DJI app go to settings. find the one that says FPV mode and uncheck that.
    See if that make a difference.

3. dhartless

Well I'll be darn, that did the trick! Thank you so much. I am much happier now. That saved me hours of research. I do have other questions. So, now the FPV is off, is there any way to get the camera footage back on the app? Is that the trade off?

4. ealt

That fpv mode only for the camera lock mode. You still can have a footage from you handphone.

5. dhartless

Never mind. The app was frozen up. It works like a charm. Guess I need some more training.

6. ealt

In that case, go to setting, under camera tab, go to preview quality, click the lowest.