Phantom Vision - Black screen on Iphone

Reaction score
Me and a good friend both have a Phantom 2 Vision, we did both the latest ugrade of firmware. Mine checked out perfect, with all functions okay. But my friends Vision got a black screen on the Iphone app. The tilt works, but no image is streaming to the Iphone. We have tried to re-bind it, and do everything that we could think of, but no success. (Both Phantoms was updated from the same computer, and was done the same way on both of them).

I have also tried to connect with my Iphone, but there is still a black screen. Tilt works, so we are connected. Re-binding did also not fix the problem.

Is there any fix for this?

FlyingFox said:
Try deleting the app and re installing it, I take it it's at least an iphone 5

Latest iPhone 5. Tried on two different iphones, so thats not the problem :(

borgeolsen said:
FlyingFox said:
Try deleting the app and re installing it, I take it it's at least an iphone 5

Latest iPhone 5. Tried on two different iphones, so thats not the problem :(

so, you've tried the app on two separate phones? Tried both phones to the P2V and neither has been able to receive a picture, yet can control pitch of the camera? Have you also tried both phones on the working P2V and thus by process of illumination you can point the finger at the camera on the P2V? If so, just take it back to the place you bought it from.

Hope that helps

Bmews

If I had not done something like this, I'd not even mention it....but, the lens cover is not still on the camera is it? It's easy to overlook it as it really blends in......

Topeeka said:
If I had not done something like this, I'd not even mention it....but, the lens cover is not still on the camera is it? It's easy to overlook it as it really blends in......

No its not :) It worked just fine before the firmware upgrade.

I just received my Phantom this week and out-of-the-box I have this issue. I've contacted DJI but haven't gotten an answer on how to fix this. So frustrating ...

hi,

i recently had the same issue.

tried everything but no good results.

took it back to the authorized dealer and they replaced it for me on the spot.

i guess its a common issue and they already know that it cant be fixed .

I have had the same issue. It will not work on my iPhone 5 running ios version 6.1.4.
The DJI Vision app is 1.0.41
The quad and camera have been updated to the same relative version.

I can run it on my iPad 2 running 6.1.4 without issues.

I have run a packet capture device on the network and video and data is being transmitted from the quad/camera. I believe the DJI Vision application is the issue.

I have not tried changing the display. I did test using 320x240 15fps. I'll test again later and edit this note with the results.

Update:
While testing I accidentally swiped my finger and navigated to the Ground Station GUI. When I navigated back the live feed was now displaying on the screen.
I tested all 4 options of Preview Quality and found that only the two 30 fps options allowed for the live video to be displayed.

Hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1