Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom Vision and Vision Plus Reunited !

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by beachvision, Jun 5, 2014.

1. beachvision

Hey guys
    just wanted to show off a little. Feeling proud to have brought my vision back from "almost" the dead. "Wally" as I call him was run over by a Chevy Blazer that couldn't see him on a dark wooded road last month. Camera module broken off, both legs crushed and a cracked GPS unit, Wally was in bad shape and I was devastated. Some $600 later and some after work repairs and Wally flew tonight for the first time. It was only 10 feet off the ground and for 5 minutes, but man he hovered so nicely. BETTER than his cousin "Buddy" , a Vision Plus! I have to admit I forgot how steady Wally hovers and other than his shaky camera, I just love him. I'm happy to have him flying again, reunited with his cousin Buddy and ready to have a fun filled weekend.
    (Hey its a bit corny , but they are my geeky sons!)

Attached Files:

2. M.Tigelaar

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice !!!

3. JimDE

Sadly, I see new in the box p2v''s selling for $599 on the auction site last week (12 of them were available)

Guess if you like the challenge of rebuilding one there is some emotional value but if I knew it cost more to fix it than buy new I would of gone for new.

I have already decided if I can get a offer of .50 on the dollar I have in mine or it meets its maker for whatever reason I will be done with this lil experiment with consumer priced drone photography. I just do not feel this technology or quality is ready for primetime. I see it as a $1300 education rather than a $7-9000 disaster