Phantom Vision 2 - RAW

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been flying the PV2 for a few days now. Took some jpeg images, click the raw option and some raw images as well.
Anyway, the JPEG format works wonders, but the .RAW is just a mess. You can look at it on the link below. So what program do I need to use? I have Adobe Lightroom 5/Photoshop CC ... all updated. I've updated the firmware on the vision 2 using the USB Cable.

Any ideas why is it that the RAW images turn out grey ... :cry:

RAW Image :|
2ew2zcw.png

JPEG version :D
97qn90.png

Phantom Vision 2 Settings :cool:
2rxzm39.png

Thank you so much. Any ideas will help.

-A. Marenco

Ahhh .. let me check on that firmware version on the camera. I'll get back to you in a sec.

AHH !!!!! Seems like im still on the 1.1.7 ... i'll update it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll see the results in a bit. Keep you updated.

THE UPDATE TO THE CAMERA WAS MISSING !!! (from 1.1.7 to 1.1.9)

I want to give you a big hug !!! It works perfect. I got the dng image to show and now it opens and works great.

Thank you so much.

-A. Marenco

I have not succeeded to download DNG files from P2V to smart device. Transfer of JPGs will do. And DNGs exists on memory card.

Has somebody succeeded better?

I doubt most smart phones would be able to display a DNG file.

Best thing is to transfer your files via a good "old fashioned" card reader. :D

FSJ Guy said:
I doubt most smart phones would be able to display a DNG file.

Best thing is to transfer your files via a good "old fashioned" card reader. :D

Workflow:

1. Transfer image files wireless from P2V to smart device.
2. Make a zip package
3. connect to internet
4. Transfer zip to a cloud
5. delete image files & zip
6. connect to camera
7. format SD card in camera
8. ready to shoot more

DronePeter said:
The best way is to use a card reader, easy and much faster.

Do you have a card reader in your smart device or do you prefer carrying external reader & cable in the field?

(Taking pictures as JPG is "easy and much faster", too ;)

If you shoot RAW (DNG) the camera will also record a JPEG image; so you can transfer that to your mobile device out in the field. Don't know about Android, but OIS devices cannot rdisplay a RAW file; but they can read the separate JPEG of course (or extract the imbedded JPEG in a RAW file if there is no separate JPEG).

Shooting in RAW is certainly slower; but the resulting file is much easier to work with to create an acceptable image; especially when it comes to fixing white balance which the Phantom camera struggles with on occasions.

I'm with the card reader approach. Stick the card in the reader, offload the photos and then format the card with the Phantom app. Done!

I have no interest to view DNG images on smart device. JPGs are sufficient for previewing. Just want to transfer DNGs to postprocessing and make space on P2V's memory card. MicroSDs are sooo small to play card games by my fingers in the field...

AnselA said:
I have no interest to view DNG images on smart device. JPGs are sufficient for previewing. Just want to transfer DNGs to postprocessing and make space on P2V's memory card. MicroSDs are sooo small to play card games by my fingers in the field...
I also prefer to send my photos/video from camera to phone wirelessly using the app however on my Android phone you cannot send the dng files. Has anyone found a way to do it ?

pault said:
AnselA said:
I also prefer to send my photos/video from camera to phone wirelessly using the app however on my Android phone you cannot send the dng files. Has anyone found a way to do it ?

I asked the same question. Got answers: "use card reader" :(

In one of the Colin's video, he emphasized wireless transfer of images.

If somebody wants to use a card reader, it's OK. But I'll prefer wireless and want's to know if it is a feature of P2V or belongs to unfullfilled promises.

To be fair the wireless transfer aspect was always shown as aiding you to share your images via social networking, etc. A standard jpeg is easy to share. You wouldn't want to send anyone a raw file without processing it anyway, and there are no mobile applications that I'm aware of for viewing Adobe dng raw files, let alone processing them into images you'd want to send...

So non-native file formats can be supported by third party apps - but to share those around then everyone in the chain has to have third-party apps as the dng is not natively supported. If the only way to get data out of the Vision was via wireless I would more understand your point of view...

I still don't get your requirement (I use a 16gb card and no way can I fill that up in one flying session, so the "card games" are done at home - I have never done a wireless transfer. By downloading via card reader and leaving the last filename you don't need to start from 0001 every time again, either). You are obviously unhappy about it - even though we only got the ability to shoot in dng a few days ago. If you feel DJI have broken a promise to transfer dng files wirelessly then contact your dealer for a refund - it's clearly not fit for purpose and false advertising.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues