Phantom Vision 2 Range Extender binding Assistance/Advice re

Reaction score
I received a new range extender for my DJI Phantom Vision 2, which had become defective. I charged it up, then followed the directions in the DJI Users manual on rebinding/replacing the range extender, turned off my home wi-fi router, and proceeded, as follows:

1. Power on the camera and range extender. Note:(Place the camera power switch to the ’WIFI ON‘position).

2. Approximately30 seconds later, press the reset button on the range extender with a thin object until the Wi-Fi signal indicator turns off. The range extender will then restart automatically.

3. Approximately 30 seconds later, the Wi-Fi signal indicator should start to blink green, which indicates the range extender is now ready to be bound.

4.Find and select the Phantom_1xxxxxvia the Wi-Fi list on the mobile device to connect the range extender.

4 is where the problem is. The “Phantom_1xxxxxvia” showed on my android app, but it would not connect although I made several attempts. The SSID (FC603cXXX) of the new range extender did show up as well. I attempted then to “forget” the Phantom_1xxx, and re-scanned the wi-fi to get it to show, and connect. I could not recover the Phantom_1xxx. I repeated the above procedure, unsuccessfully. I’m stumped. Only the SSID of the new range extender is now “seen” by my DJI App.

Any advice/assistance would be highly appreciated.

Re: Phantom Vision 2 Range Extender binding Assistance/Advic

You'll need to bind the new extender with your camera by scanning the QR Code that's on your original P2V box, or obtain your camera's QR Code by contacting [email protected] or [email protected] and provide them your camera's Serial Number (ALxxxxx...). The QR Codes on the camera, inside the camera, or the range extender won't work in the binding process.

Re: Phantom Vision 2 Range Extender binding Assistance/Advic

Duke - thanks for your response. Unfortunately, I could not get to that procedure (I have the QR Code), as my app would not connect to the Phantom_1xxx. Until you do so, you cannot enter the binding process.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic