Phantom Vision 2 Plus V3.0 Error: CFG-ERR

Reaction score
Hi folks,
Im new here. I bought my first phantom used. Its a Vision 2 plus v3.0. When I power it up and I plug it in my computer. I get this error: CFG-ERR. On the Phantom theres a yellow light flashing and a red light flashing inside the the phantom. Can someone tell me what to do from there. I really have no idea what to do from there.
I update my controller+Phantom via the software on my computer. So everything is up to date.

Thank you for your help folks.

Hay Frank, welcome,
Yellow flashing lights mean your bird doesn't has contact with the RC/Tx. So, first power on the RC before powering on the bird would be of help.
Regards FA

frank358fr said:
what is RC/Tx?

Frank, had you gotten any warranty with your Phantom V-3 ?
It doesn't appear you're all that familiar with RC products.
RC/Tx = (Radio Control Transmitter).
If the quad was operating as it should before you performed the updates then maybe its related to something there, are you sure everything had been updated ? Phantom as well as transmitter. Hopefully you can return it to whom you had purchased it from for further evaluation.
The camera may have been removed because the phantom had been involved in a crash prior to you receiving it. You may know more. Best of luck!

POI ( point of information) Phantom CFG ERR configuration error, this may be caused by firmware upgrade from the old version, or abnormal Tx calibration. Re-calibrate your transmitter, power cycle your controller, and check all of the parameters.

How can I know if there any warranty on the phantom? Im pretty sure the problem is very simple but i just need someone with experience to tell me how to make it work.
If anyone know how to make it work let me know

Instructions are to always turn on the tx before turning on the phantom...

The red blinking light means your tx is not bound to your phantom... the yellow blinking lights also confirm the phantom is not receiving a signal from the tx...

Watch this...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYic0Z6fZ8w[/youtube]

And yeah... stop everything... turn the thing off... set it aside... and read some instructions before you hurt somebody.

I tried it but didnt work. I called DJI and even them on the phone was unable to help me. My phantom dont want to sync with my remote controller. What is the problem inside the phantom normally when the phantom cant be sync? I read somewhere that it might be the receiver board. Let me know
Thanks

frank358fr said:
I tried it but didnt work. I called DJI and even them on the phone was unable to help me. My phantom dont want to sync with my remote controller. What is the problem inside the phantom normally when the phantom cant be sync? I read somewhere that it might be the receiver board. Let me know
Thanks

I think most are hesitant with help guiding you to success because you're not paying attention to the advice on reading the manual. That is more important. The manual is your best friend when it comes to flying a V3 believe or not. But hang in there I'm sure someone without common sense will tell what you need to know.

Thanks. Finally I reach the seller and he refunded my money. I will buy a flying V3 for my next purchase

The cfg error is the transmitter requiring calibration. You would have seen the sliders all the way to the left when you fire up the phantom assist. Calibrate in the rc12 software and then in the phantom assist.

This would also explain the flashing colours. If you turn on the controller and push the sticks whilst turning on the phantom you will get an transmitter calibration required warning.

kirk2579 said:
Now I am understanding how I was able to buy 3 used Phantoms recently.

All like new, all perfect to fly.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I just purchased a used (read crashed) PV2+ which has a cfg error. It came upgraded which I redid, and I have calibrated all. the RC calibration looks to have worked The sticks show green and respond accordingly. The Bird shows green in all but one module which is black. It is the T module.
My problem is ascertaining if it is the sender or receiver, and if the receiver, whether it is the esc or receiver module. If the transmitter then how to narrow it down. Any and all testing procedure help appreciated. Thanks!

The Phantom, and ALL drones, should have a fail safe gimmick, where you could not start it if you haven't read the entire manual.

well the obvious problem of being reckless with a drone, is you can hurt someone.
And all the bad rep drones have, and restrictive laws they are and will be subject to, are a result of reckless flyers. so you ruin it for everybody

The Phantom, and ALL drones, should have a fail safe gimmick, where you could not start it if you haven't read the entire manual.
I agree. The DJI manual leaves a lot to be desired too. I didn't even touch mine until I had scoured through hundreds of pages on Phantom Pilots and also the DJI forums trying to learn from everybody else mistakes.

Not quite the info I am looking for. lol. Useful to some perhaps but it appears those who need to read it are less likely to than others, as they would probably skip this help as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4