Phantom Vision 2 Plus tilt wont work

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post, i have found this page very usefully and i appreciate all the help.

After a crash, i had to replace the Gimbal and Camara, due to a broken ribbon cable. When i first installed it, everything worked well, but after a power cycle, the tilt wont work at all. The gimbal and the camera work just fine, but I cant tilt the camera, the flight information as battery level, altitude, speed etc. wont show.

if anyone can help me with this i will be very grateful.

Thank you

I would double check for a loose connection at one of the three cables connecting the gimbal to the Phantom.

Mundo.Lujan said:
Hello, this is my first post, i have found this page very usefully and i appreciate all the help.

After a crash, i had to replace the Gimbal and Camara, due to a broken ribbon cable. When i first installed it, everything worked well, but after a power cycle, the tilt wont work at all. The gimbal and the camera work just fine, but I cant tilt the camera, the flight information as battery level, altitude, speed etc. wont show.

Thank you
i have same problem ,have replaced cables ,did not cure it ,replaced wifi on board unit ,still not working ,now going change maim board will let you know

Check the cable that is to the side by itself. This is the one with the locking connector. This will inhibit tilt. Because its locking it often damages the connector if you crash and camera snaps down and pulls connected out.

Mundo.Lujan said:

Thank you
I have just installed new main board will be testing later will let you know result

Just done flight test ,problem solved ,it was not cables it was the main circuit board .Maybe you could try the cables first as they are not to expensive and you could use them in the future if needed. I changed mine first ,then someone said it was wifi unit ,so changed that but bit of a waste of money that. If you end up replacing the board ,as I think you will,take pictures from all angles as you take it apart as some cables can go in wrong places .There are five soldered items to remove and replace ,4 motors 2 cables on each and the main feed 2 cables Its not to bad if you have bit of patience and can make good soldered joints.Be careful when pulling apart the connections ,the one behind the gps connection very small and looks like it has a little glue on it but it will come out if cleaned up first ,hope that helps.
ps mine had exactly the same problem as yours after crashed and destroyed gimbal.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik