Phantom Vision 2 camera.

Reaction score
My Vision 2 works perfectly and the camera captures correctly, however I'm unable to
tilt it up or down. When the quad was ordered the camera would point down when
everything was powered down. Now it seems to stay horizontal to the ground all the
time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

john

I put a Ph2V together for a friend and flew it to get everything tuned for him...and returned it. So it is not in front of me to confirm my recollections....but....I don't remember any gimbal tilt control ON the transmitter. It has, as you note, a 1 dimension stabilized gimbal, tilt stabilized but not roll stabilized.

The manual tilt control you wish to establish is gained and controlled through a wifi connection with a iOS device such as an iPhone, iPad, iTouch (or Droid device...I think). There is an app....go to Ph website OR iTunes. There is a funny bracket to mount on the Tx which holds your smart-device as a screen for FPV transmission of what the Vision camera is seeing and recording......once you get the wifi connection between the two established.

That smart-device connection gives you live-view, almost unlimited control of the camera, on-off, still, video, resolution, etc., BATTERY CAPACITY, AND tilt control of that one dimension gimbal. The Ph2V almost isn't worth it without the iOS device.

One note. In my limited flights I was using an iTouch. The FPV started out real time but after some minutes and some recording I began to realize the screen view began to lag behind real flight view....up to 4-5 seconds. Since it was not my bird and not really my problem to solve I never got further than an internet search and there was info that others had experienced the same thing...seeming to relate to the version of iPhone used. I am sure there is a ton of information about that by now if you look in the right place.

Thank you sir.

I am using wifi app and that is the issue it is not responding to the input.

As you suggest I will keep searching.

It just seems interesting that both DJI and the company I purchased the
Vision from seem reluctant to reply to my requests.

Thanks again and have a nice day.

john

John, with the Vision powered up is the camera servo making that delightful old-school dial-up modem sound? If you tip it back and forth does the gimbal try and hold the camera steady? If not, you may have a dead servo. Any crashes in the past? Might be worth taking the camera off the vibration mounts and checking the servo power lead underneath - there's a small connector that might have worked loose.

If the hardware is fine do all the other app functions work - taking a photo, recording on/off, etc? If they do and the tilt buttons don't try uninstalling and reinstalling the app on your phone.

Yes I did have a minor mishap……a landing that was a bit hard, so that might
be something for me to explore.

Thank you for taking the time to help.

john

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers