Phantom Vision 2 arrives

Reaction score
Well, UPS brought my PV2 to my door today. Three main items that I am wondering about.
1. The main box must have been dropped on the floor somewhere. A corner was a little wrinkled. No damage to the packing inside so I guess all is OK.
2. From all the videos I have watched over several days, I never heard any "odd" noise coming from the unit. It appears it is coming from the camera. Almost sounds like a small fan running inside. Not steady, but a little variation to the pitch of the sound. Is this normal???
3. When checking out the app operating the camera, I noticed the camera does not come up to a level position with the rest of the quad body. Another words it "droops" a few degrees down. It this normal?
I know the assistant program has a section on the camera where some adjustments could be made, but it does not recommend you change any of these.
Something also different from the videos: The red decals and the DJI were already installed.
The updates all worked OK. It stopped raining long enough to check the GPS. Picked up 9 sats in a few seconds, so that works OK. Battery and range battery are not charged enough so can't fly today. Would not with the high wind and on and off rain.

#1. Probably not an issue, but keep all of your packaging materials in case you do have problems and need to send it back (keep the box anyways because QR codes for rebinding, if you ever need to do that, are on the box).
#2. Normal, the camera does have a small fan inside and you will hear it running.
#3. I think this is normal. I know mine always starts titled down. Nice thing is when I tilt it up to it's highest point with the app. (scales goes into the red range), it still doesn't get high enough where you see the props in the frame, which is a good thing.

Multiple threads on the sticker issue. Seems like they've been sending them out that way for a while now. Have fun flying!

RamDez and jimdenburg,
Thanks for you response to my questions.
RamDez,
With many other forums including this one I always do a search. Most if not all the time I get 50 to 100 threads or posts that show up. One can spend, and I have, searching through that search list over a hour reading and checking, and checking, and etc. Your eyes get crossed before long and you have to give up. Only rarely have I ever had much luck with forum searches.
I also may have a battery problem that I will do a search and see what I come up with. Hope that doesn't show 50+.
Just did that battery search: 2241 posts. That will take time to read all them........

sounds fine to me too my old vision did exactly the same :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav