Phantom Virgin

Reaction score
Hi there,

great forum!

I just got my PV and its great, but I have a few problems, I hope somebody can help me.

A) I cant connect my Iphone to camera, see picture. Tried to upgrade firmware etc, no luck :shock: ???

B) Can the camera record without the app? If yes how to control it?

C) Do I need to download software to my computer (MAc) if yes, why?!

Thanks a lot guys,

BR

Musinat

Attachments

• foto.PNG
    foto.PNG
    103.2 KB · Views: 490
Hello, and welcome.

A. You shouldn't need to do anything to firmware. Is the transmitter, range extender and Vision switched on? Have you checked the slider switch on the back of the camera is all the way over to the right? Have you connected to the wifi network called "Phantom_xxxxxx" where the xxx will be unique to your aircraft? Let us have some more into about what you've done up to this stage and I'm sure we can get you up and running.

B. Yes, you can. Short press on the white button underneath the camera takes a still, long press starts a video recording.

C. You would be advised to download the Vision assistant for Mac to your computer because it's the only way of applying new firmware to the aircraft. It also allows you to trouble shoot by seeing the condition of your battery and other aircraft systems, and once you are further down the line allows you to tweak and adjust how the aircraft flies. In a few weeks we are expecting an update to give us autonomous flying via waypoints, and the only way to get this and other updates/fixes is via the Assistant software.

Hi there, thanks for your quick and kind answer.

In regards to A: Yes, I did all that and also double checked that the camera wire was not loose etc... all should be by the book, except it does not work! Maybe the wifi extender is not working/broke?

Thanks again for any input, re. B and C it was very helpfull :)

BR

Musinat

Pull_Up said:
Hello, and welcome.

A. You shouldn't need to do anything to firmware. Is the transmitter, range extender and Vision switched on? Have you checked the slider switch on the back of the camera is all the way over to the right? Have you connected to the wifi network called "Phantom_xxxxxx" where the xxx will be unique to your aircraft? Let us have some more into about what you've done up to this stage and I'm sure we can get you up and running.

B. Yes, you can. Short press on the white button underneath the camera takes a still, long press starts a video recording.

C. You would be advised to download the Vision assistant for Mac to your computer because it's the only way of applying new firmware to the aircraft. It also allows you to trouble shoot by seeing the condition of your battery and other aircraft systems, and once you are further down the line allows you to tweak and adjust how the aircraft flies. In a few weeks we are expecting an update to give us autonomous flying via waypoints, and the only way to get this and other updates/fixes is via the Assistant software.

Reset the wifi extender, next to the power switch there is a little hole
for reseting. Rebind with the code from your box after the extender restarts if necessery and you
should be good to go...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj