Phantom Vibration

Reaction score
Hello

So I need some insight from those gone before.
I have P2 with cheap Chinese gimbal, the gimbal is fine in fact its doing quite well to stabilize the Vibrations.
Basically the phantom seems to vibrate at a high frequency.
In the video you can see the left front vibrating.
I have read it can be due to incorrect gains.
I set them according to some info I got else where on the forum it did help a small amount.
I am worried I have overloaded it, current payload is at +-315 g

Gains
Pitch 100% Roll 100% yaw 120% Vertical 200%
Attitude Pitch 220% Roll 220%

Thought please

If the rubber anti-vibration grommets are stock (eg they came with the gimbal), you may want to change them.

I have two sets of grommets, will swop out and see.
Both sets look the same but current ones seem a little softer maybe...
Black with arris written on them.
d5ca3554f5b1538f1761baa0f3b80840.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yeah, softer grommets may help. You may also want to balance your props.

Props are balanced
She flies fine without gimbal
So must be induced by added weight / dampners / gimbal moters

Props are balanced
She flies fine without gimbal
So must be induced by added weight / dampners / gimbal moters

More then likely vibrations is being caused by the dampers. How you know the props are balanced did you balance them?

More then likely vibrations is being caused by the dampers. How you know the props are balanced did you balance them?
Yes balanced using older kit I have for RC plane props( same concept)
It seems both my dampers are basically exactly the same, markings, branding, and color.....
Haven't been able to do test flight yet though.
If the same vibration occurs, How does one pick from the multitude of available dampers , are they specific to the gimbal or rather just higher - lower quality?

Yes balanced using older kit I have for RC plane props( same concept)
It seems both my dampers are basically exactly the same, markings, branding, and color.....
Haven't been able to do test flight yet though.
If the same vibration occurs, How does one pick from the multitude of available dampers , are they specific to the gimbal or rather just higher - lower quality?

If your looking for then the DJI zenmuse are of higher quality. Will they fit and stay mounted on your gimbal is the question.

I got round to a flight test, with the new dampers, a very subjective test told me the new ones were much more stiff(harder ) than the ones installed even if they looked identical.

I am happy to report the vibration is gone.
My thoughts here are that since I have a very heavy setup, I needed much stiffer dampers, this leads me to believe the "white" ones would / could have made the problem worse.( based on the assumption they are softer)
It will be interesting if anyone can confirm if there is some kind of cross over based on weight of payload/gimbal

Reactions: SamNetwork
I got round to a flight test, with the new dampers, a very subjective test told me the new ones were much more stiff(harder ) than the ones installed even if they looked identical.

I am happy to report the vibration is gone.
My thoughts here are that since I have a very heavy setup, I needed much stiffer dampers, this leads me to believe the "white" ones would / could have made the problem worse.( based on the assumption they are softer)
It will be interesting if anyone can confirm if there is some kind of cross over based on weight of payload/gimbal

Lighter the payload = softer dampener.
Heavier the payload = thicker dampener.

I used a P3 Adv and changed to H3-3D white ball dampeners. Video was fine when hovering but the moment maxed stick, the video wobbled like crazy. The opposite is also true. My P2V+ V2 (first gen 3-axis with weaker motors) using the H33D gopro setup oscillated (vibrations) with the white ball dampeners. Changed these to the stiffer black ones and it went away.

Another method to remove unwanted oscillations/vibrations is to set the gains in the Phantom Assist to default and increase the vertical to 10% at a time until you find the sweet spot. Its easy to find the sweet spot. Just hover the Phantom near you. Now look at the camera and see if it wobbles. If it does, grab the leg and you will see the camera stop wobbling. You need to keep repeating the gain increment until the camera stops wobbling.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik