Phantom vibrating pretty heavily.

Reaction score
I've noticed recently that my phantom 2 is vibrating a fair amount. Enough that it shows up in the video I shoot, it's definitely a new occurrence and I'm not really sure what could be causing it or how to try and fix it. I re-calibrated the compass and did an IMU calibration as well in the software assistant, and neither of those things made a difference. The first time I noticed it was my first flight with the Hero 4. I've also tested it with a Hero 3 since then, and it was still vibrating. Anyone have any ideas?

Try checking if the motor screws are nice and tight. I've found that checking them every 5 or so flights is good practice.

Fyod said:
Try checking if the motor screws are nice and tight. I've found that checking them every 5 or so flights is good practice.

A good thought.... But they were all still really tight.

What dampers are you using for the gimbal? I used ine time the soft black ones and then it started to vibrate. For me the solutions was remove the gimbal and check if it didn't vibrate anymore, hereafter I put on the white hard dampers on again and problem was solved.

efoote77 said:
I've noticed recently that my phantom 2 is vibrating a fair amount. Enough that it shows up in the video I shoot, it's definitely a new occurrence and I'm not really sure what could be causing it or how to try and fix it. I re-calibrated the compass and did an IMU calibration as well in the software assistant, and neither of those things made a difference. The first time I noticed it was my first flight with the Hero 4. I've also tested it with a Hero 3 since then, and it was still vibrating. Anyone have any ideas?

Have you crashed?

I have been having the same exact problem......and it just started to happen out of nowhere.

I have tried everything
- compass calibration
- advanced calibration
- 2 diff sets of props, balanced on Dubro
- Gimbal mount is tight

I just sent it to Aerial Media Pros for them to try and fix (where I had purchased in their ProPack)

*I have the black dampers on and they have always performed well (to be honest I didn't try any others, but since it worked well before, I don't think this is it)

Let me know if you find anything more out.

You need to isolate the source of the vibration. If it were me, I would hover it in an open area and actually look for the vibration. Remove the gimbal and fly without it. If that fixes it, you have isolated the problem to the gimbal and mount. If it doesn't, something is wrong with your bird.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers