Phantom version 1.1.1

I'm not sure how an upgrade to a V2 Naza will stop the flyaways. There have been plenty with the V2 on other craft.

rilot said:
I'm not sure how an upgrade to a V2 Naza will stop the flyaways. There have been plenty with the V2 on other craft.

DJI Phantom latest update (2013/Oct-Nov)
Upgraded to NAZA V2 Flight Controller
Greatly increase stability, NAZA V2 can be plugged with gadgets like the DJI iOSD Mini (Flight Data to overlay on FPV system) or 2.4Ghz DataLink Module so that Phantom can use waypoint function. However, the stock Phantom cannot plug an play with 2.4G datalink because there is no CAN-BUS connector on the new main board. So you need to purchase a PMU for Naza-M V2 to connect 2.4G datalink. Also, 2.4Ghz datalink sold separately (coming soon)

Dual Antenna (Futaba FASST standard ready)
It came with a new receiver, if you have a Futaba FASST standard transmitter, you can use that to bind the Phantom, for how to bind, you need to checkout DJI's website.

New Transmitter with new circuit design
Although the outlook of the transmitter is the same as the old one, the circuit board inside the transmitter is completely different. It offers longer transmission distance. That's a great improvement.

Self-tightening Propellers
Many players have the propellers flew away because they forgot to secure the propellers, so DJI updated with Self-Tightening props, that helps!

Came with Gimbal Tilt Angle Lever
If you have a gimbal on the Phantom, you can control the angle with this little lever

You don't think this looks like an attempt to fix the problem they don't want to acknowledge? Even the TX has improved circuitry.

Nope. looks like they are trying to do something as the competitors enter the market with better products.

Unfortunately, the original Phantom's are now worth about 25 cents...

D

They fixed an issue they didn't want to admit they had?? That's doesn't make alot of sence, but weirdly I know exactly what you mean. It doesn't look like there is actually much difference. Grab a v1 (original) phantom upgrade your transmitter to an aftermarket one (with the FASST) and you now have a v1.1.1? Well, almost . . .

Once you replace or upgrade the motor and receive a cw and ccw thread on the shafts, its all done :) now for DJI to use the technology developed by another company, they would need to pay royalties per unit and that would bump the price up! Amongst alot of confusion, flyaways are connected with the low quality PPM trans/receiver. I don't know alot about RC transmission protocols so I read up a little about it, and from my limited knowledge PCM would have been a better choice to run on the original phantom.

CG, you've had two flyaways, at both times you were using the exact same transmitter! Not different tx's of the same model, you had the exact same transmitter that lost control of one phantom, and used it with another. To your surprise, you had a second flyaway. This would just about confirm to me that the Tx/RX is the culprit! Looks like dji has found the same conclusion.

I'm still hoping someone maps out the firmware of the naza (v1, v2), from that we could tell exactly what's going on with in the naza :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers