Phantom V2 Confirmed Via Twitter (kinda?)

Reaction score
Chris Wheatley ‏@chriswheatley97 9 Sep
@iflydji @DJI_Innovations seeing a price drop on the Phantom and now sites are advertising Phantom V2. Is there a press release on this?

DJI Innovations ‏@iflydji 38s
@chriswheatley97 @DJI_Innovations We have more info coming soon. We'll post when it's available. Thanks!

What's also funny, I sent an email to Cliff @ Atlanta Hobby the day that the price drop on the Phantom hit because the description of the item on his site begins with "The new futuristic Phantom V2 is ready to fly out of the box..". I explained that I was looking to add a Zenmuse and an FPV setup to my Phantom but I didn't want to be investing in yesterday's technology if there was a V2 in the immediate future. He replied that I have the most current version of the Phantom.

What he really meant was I have the most current version ".. this week." :lol:

My Zenmuse & FPV setup are in transit. I think for the sake of my sanity, I'll setup the FPV and play with that a bit then hold off on the Zenmuse install to see what V2 has to offer before going through that process.

All very confusing really. Not so much a Version 2 as a 'latest Gen' - Kind of the equivilent of when Apple gave the world the "Ipad with Retina Display" and then replaced it with the "New Ipad with Retina Display".... only difference being they changed the charge port.
From what I can tell this 'V2' is so called because it has the latest firmware installed and DJI don't want to sell non threaded motors anymore (most likely cause they will get more sales from props :twisted: )

Would be worth emailing Cliffand asking what NAZA is inside it (or even if its Red or Orange)? If it is the V2 then that is at least something.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav