Phantom V1 Center Throttle Conversion

I was in the same boat. Did the shapeways thing....it's garbage. Don't waste your money.

I ended up buying a used DJ6 controller with the 2 antenna receiver for mine. Works like a charm. I'd say just bite the bullet and go the route I did. Finding that DJI centering piece is impossible.

I had some problems with the transmitter and receiver binding thing, but the guy I bought it from was awesome the whole way and bent over backwards to make thing right. Here's my thread about the entire thing.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29794
Hit up Wedeliver if you're interested in a transmitter/receiver combo. You can't go wrong with getting your parts from him. Really good guy.

CityZen said:

Seen that one and was debating but more so looking for a complete kit and also considering what Green_Phantom said about it being trash now steers me away from it

Green_Phantom said:
I was in the same boat. Did the shapeways thing....it's garbage. Don't waste your money.

I ended up buying a used DJ6 controller with the 2 antenna receiver for mine. Works like a charm. I'd say just bite the bullet and go the route I did. Finding that DJI centering piece is impossible.

I had some problems with the transmitter and receiver binding thing, but the guy I bought it from was awesome the whole way and bent over backwards to make thing right. Here's my thread about the entire thing.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29794
Hit up Wedeliver if you're interested in a transmitter/receiver combo. You can't go wrong with getting your parts from him. Really good guy.

How much was it? Might have to go this route unless I can find a spare controller to rip parts from

It was around $75 for the transmitter and a new receiver. Not a bad price.

I don't know about the throttle stick somebody else posted an ebay link to. It might work, it might not. I tried doing that and ordered a stick from one of the newer controllers thinking I'd be able to get it to work. No go. The potentiometers are different or something.

You could try to find a really cheap used old style controller and rip the right stick out of that to transplant over to the left side of your other transmitter.

The only "problem" I see with this is that when you go to power the transmitter on, it's going to give you the beeeeeeep-beep-beep sound because the throttle stick isn't all the way down. Which all you need to do is just push it down and it goes away. But still annoying.

Go with the new controller and transmitter and do it the "right" way. Costs a bit more, but worth it if you ask me.

Here's a link to one of Craig's auctions right now for the transmitter and receiver combo.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/291277333111

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj