Phantom v1 and Arris Gimbal stability issue solution?

Reaction score
Here is my problem with an Arris gimbal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVbnN0YRnLk

Could this be the solution?

1. Insert small piece of stiff foam (like the foam inside the phantom case) into the rubber balls on the gimbal through the centre.
this makes the balls stiffer

2. In the Naza Assistant goto Basic/Gain set the Yaw Gain to it's highest level I think 260%, then goto Basic/Mounting and set the Centre of Gravity to -1 on X axis.

3. Done.

This possible solution was sent to me from the dealer where I bought my Phantom so I thought it might help someone else out there if they are experiencing the same issues as me.

Will advise how it goes once I give it a try.

Cheers,

Dave

digicrew said:
Here is my problem with an Arris gimbal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVbnN0YRnLk

Could this be the solution?

1. Insert small piece of stiff foam (like the foam inside the phantom case) into the rubber balls on the gimbal through the centre.
this makes the balls stiffer

2. In the Naza Assistant goto Basic/Gain set the Yaw Gain to it's highest level I think 260%, then goto Basic/Mounting and set the Centre of Gravity to -1 on X axis.

3. Done.

This possible solution was sent to me from the dealer where I bought my Phantom so I thought it might help someone else out there if they are experiencing the same issues as me.

Will advise how it goes once I give it a try.

Cheers,

Dave

Digicrew

Let us know if this has solved your issue.

I may be interested on this gimbal.

First I would turn your YAW gain down to about 150%. At 200+ I'm sure some of that is oscillations - then you could try putting wire ties through the rubber isolation balls & tighten them up slightly.

Ok thank you.

What you're saying is the settings offered to me (in the text attached to my second message) would be too drastic?

Interestingly, I found some vision I shot when I first used the Phantom and it was nowhere near as bad as what it is now. It was really quite smooth. I thought it was always this bad, but obviously not.

Cheers

DC

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31