Phantom v1.1.1 upgrades,fpv and autonomous flight options?

Reaction score
Greetings to the Phantom Drone community. My questions will remain specific to the Phantom v1.1.1 (this is as listed for the model, enclosed reference materials and the invoice) So I am sure of the model and version.

A few questions for the experts:
  1. Is this version capable of autonomous flight in its current version? If not, is an upgrade available to update software or retrofit hardware?
  2. If applicable, is there a recommended ground station app, for Android. (I see threads that state some ground station apps may be no longer available after Dec. 12 , 2015 (is this true?)
  3. Is this Phantom version capable of FPV modification/retrofit?
  4. As the Phantom v1.1.1 is no longer manufactured, what is the availability of replacement parts, aftermarket parts, or applicable substitutes?
  5. Recommended upgrades for any hardware, components, or software?
  6. Please provide links if possible within your reply to any questions.
  7. Please recommend your forum, website or publication of choice in learning more about the drone community and Phantom v1.1.1 discussion/commentary
I realize many may quickly recommend upgraded versions. I am specifically requesting information for highest and best use of this version. As a hobbyist in R/C for years, I wish to understand the basic platform for this drone first. (At an extremely low purchase price, I couldn't pass it up)

Thank you,
TC

No autonomous flight for this version, fpv can be done by strapping on a camera and video transmitter (5.8ghz) and you will need a receiver and a screen or goggles to veiw it on for the pilot end. Bigger batteries is a must when strapping on extra weight and electronics. Hobbyking.Com has great prices and is my favorite online store for rc stuff. They have a multistar 4000mah battery that fits with some trimming of around the battery door or adding an aftermarket bigger door. The dji 9450 propellers are a must have in my opinion. Them alone add 2 min of flight time and more power, only downside is they give some wobble when coming down fast. Just make sure you get both sets of green flashing lights for gps lock before take off and you will be fine. He fun with your new phantom and read the forums on phantom pilots, people on here know way more than I do

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Thank you dtitus6297, appreciate the feedback. Question on fpv additions, will they interfere with TX/RX signal? Of the cuff, they appear to be different frequencies, but just asking to make sure.

Any recommendations on batteries either OEM, Mods, or AfterMarket capacities to increase flight time, or is it pretty locked in on this version?

Just as long as the frequency is different from each other it will be fine. The multistar battery I mentioned above is great for longer flights. There is also black magic 3000 and 2700 batteries that fit with mods to the battery opening. All of which give longer flights closer to 15 min

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj