Reaction score
Hello All,

I am the proud owner of a new phantom 1 v1.1.1 (won it at my companies holiday party). It was brand new never flown or opened phantom. Set it up the day after the holiday party and got it off the ground no problem. I wanted to see if the go home fail safe worked for peace of mind before i would actually go flying this thing so i turned the receiver off while it was hovering about 20ft in the air. fail safe worked fine and landed where it took off no problem. My issue now is it will refuse to reconnect to my controller (Tx i assume). I have tried rebidinding it (2 antenna 2.4ghz model receiver), receiver and main controller firmware updates (Rx v1.0.0.0 and MC v4.06), restarting the drone multiple times, changed Tx batteries and charged drone battery, setting default parameters from DJI website, calibrating IMU basic and advance, checked to see if in D-Bus mode which it is, took apart drone and Tx to see if any wires were loose. Nothing seems to be working. Receiver light stays a solid red. I did notice the receiver gets very ho to the touch and the right side of the battery compartment where the receiver is located gets hot of the drone case also. So my questions is, from what im explaining and all that Ive tried has my receiver failed? If so would it be covered under warranty? I see the Phantom 1 has been discontinued and i have no idea when my company bought this drone so warranty may be out of the question. Besides a new receiver is there anything else i could try? I just don't see why it would fail all of a sudden like that performing a simple test.

*tried rebinding as per dji instructions with no success. Receiver light blinks trying to find Tx then just returns to solid red as if i cannot find Tx. When Also tried re calibrating Tx with the PhantomRC software. It calibrates fine but will not connect to dji. It feels like Ive exhausted all options but before i order a receiver i just wanted to double check to see if im missing something.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

I can't think of anything you have missed- suggesting that the receiver is faulty. The 2.4 DJI spare part no. 31 is cheap as chips if you shop around.

Thanks. I'll look around for the part and get it ordered. Just odd it died like that. Well luckily it died while testing before I started flying it. I've read too many flyaway horror stories.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan