phantom v1.1.1 motor question

Reaction score
Hello i have phantom v1.1.1 with a defect motor, the probem is that the rc store don't have the motor, but they have motors for a phantom 2 and the internet says that it are also 2212 920kv motors.
So do they fit or are they more powerfull or do they need more amps???

pietpukje said:
Hello i have phantom v1.1.1 with a defect motor, the probem is that the rc store don't have the motor, but they have motors for a phantom 2 and the internet says that it are also 2212 920kv motors.
So do they fit or are they more powerfull or do they need more amps???

You're 100% good to go with that motor. :!:

You are good to go, make sure you order the right one (CW,CCW).

Also, just some advice:

Instead of desoldering the 3 wires from the ESC cut them and solder the cables back together with some shrinking tubing. The motor is soldered to the ESC board not to a hole like usually electronics do, so any overheating or pulling of the cables to desolder them will damage the ESC ruining your project, so instead cut the wires from the old motor and solder the new motor to those wires.

Just my 2 cents.

Thank you both for the info, i got another motor and the phantom is flying again.
I soldered the wires on the esc. but i have a temperature controlled station and somethimes i even do smd jobs, you right about the cutting from the wires if you use a 25w soldering iron, that can realy damage the esc.

pietpukje said:
Thank you both for the info, i got another motor and the phantom is flying again.
I soldered the wires on the esc. but i have a temperature controlled station and somethimes i even do smd jobs, you right about the cutting from the wires if you use a 25w soldering iron, that can realy damage the esc.

+1 glad it worked!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers