Phantom V.S sea water?

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Finally in vacation, I'm currently in Corsica with my baby(ies) (one of them can fly, the other can't ;) )

I did my very first flight above water. I was stressing a bit, you imagine. I followed some boats at 40 km/h, pretty fast yes, and took a couple videos. Did 3 flights, everything ok. I'm reassured now, and I can see that with 20 satellites, everything is SOO perfect (stable, smooth video feed as you have all the channels for you :) , map precision..)

Same thing during the sunset, it was awesome, I met a lot of people, one of them had a custom P2 with two batteries directly plugged in (battery life: 32 minutes! Nice!) he has a total of 11 batteries, awesome :cool: ... and I've also been litterally admired by a crowd who gathered around me to watch the drone flying above the reddish sea :rolleyes:

Well, today is another day, and I'm just wondering... I guess that when you fly above the sea, even pretty high, there's water particles floating in the air.... No? I'm scared thinking that some salt could have gone inside the vents and eventually the motors...I see a lot of people flying above the sea, did you guys had any trouble with oxydation or something?

Thanks a lot :)

There is absolutely no need to worry at all, I live by the seaside so I imagine my phantom is always getting hit by microscopic saltwater particles, the only time you need to worry about seawater is if your bird goes for a swim - Adam

Curious about how that 2nd battery was mounted on the p2?
Wonder if that could work on the P3? Guess it would have to be in a place that balanced perfectly. Where the hell would you put it? On top???

I also live by the ocean. I'm within 2.5nm at my home and fly around this area all the time. I've done some aerial surveys for my brother in law of house lots within 200m of the Gulf on multiple occasions. Had the lid off of my P2V+ yesterday to check on some modifications I made and there wasn't anything out of the ordinary. I was also a little concerned the salt air may cause some corrosion or oxidation, but found no signs of it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl