Phantom v + Long range mod help

Reaction score
Hi

I am trying to make mods to my Phantom 2v + to get long range. So I have spent a boat load of cash trying to get Long range but I can't get it right. So any help would be great. I have changed the antennas on the RC unit . one suntans 5.8 2000mw booster with a 6dbi antennas and added a 9dbi 2.4g antennas to the stock range extender. I am only seeing 2000ft out at 1000 ft high.. also I am flying i see lost control signal warnings.

I would be very thankful for some next steps to get better range. Thank you for your time..

Jeff

jefferykell said:
Hi

I am trying to make mods to my Phantom 2v + to get long range. So I have spent a boat load of cash trying to get Long range but I can't get it right. So any help would be great. I have changed the antennas on the RC unit . one suntans 5.8 2000mw booster with a 6dbi antennas and added a 9dbi 2.4g antennas to the stock range extender. I am only seeing 2000ft out at 1000 ft high.. also I am flying i see lost control signal warnings.

I would be very thankful for some next steps to get better range. Thank you for your time..

Jeff
May be worth double checking that the u.fl connectors are all plugged in securely, both in the transmitter and range extender.

Lost control signal would indicate a 5.8Ghz issue somewhere. A boosted 5.8Ghz should get you massively beyond 2000ft - I managed 16469ft with an un-boosted 5.8Ghz 6dbi antenna... I would look very closely at the u.fl connector on the transmitter to make sure no damage occurred on the circuit board whilst removing the white glue.

allemtura said:
jefferykell said:
Hi

Jeff
May be worth double checking that the u.fl connectors are all plugged in securely, both in the transmitter and range extender.

Lost control signal would indicate a 5.8Ghz issue somewhere. A boosted 5.8Ghz should get you massively beyond 2000ft - I managed 16469ft with an un-boosted 5.8Ghz 6dbi antenna... I would look very closely at the u.fl connector on the transmitter to make sure no damage occurred on the circuit board whilst removing the white glue.

I did have a problem getting the u.fl connector on . I had to glue it down.I think you're correct with the problem being there.. Do you know where I can get a replacement 5.8 g board in the RC handheld? thanks

You should be getting better range than that, but what type of antennas are you hooking up to those boosters?

jefferykell said:
kxkraze said:
You should be getting better range than that, but what type of antennas are you hooking up to those boosters?

I just ordered a new controller and http://fpvlr.com/shop/index.php?route=p ... uct_id=114 Stage 4 kit.. Tony was saying I can see 3.1 miles.. Let Hope it works.

The stage 4 is awesome. You may very well see 3.1 miles. I can get out to about 2.2 miles in my area but my 2.4 starts to drop off. It appears to be noise on the 2.4 frequencies that cause the signal to attenuate. If you have some wide-open farm land without any power lines and especially nobody using 2.4GHz cordless phone systems etc. then you certainly may get out that far. Of course when you start pushing over 2 miles, you better be paying attention to wind direction and everything else because you are starting to push the limits of the battery. I highly suggest getting a secondary GPS tracking system if you're going to start playing with long range.

kxkraze said:
jefferykell said:
kxkraze said:

I just ordered a new controller and http://fpvlr.com/shop/index.php?route=p ... uct_id=114 Stage 4 kit.. Tony was saying I can see 3.1 miles.. Let Hope it works.

The stage 4 is awesome. You may very well see 3.1 miles. I can get out to about 2.2 miles in my area but my 2.4 starts to drop off. It appears to be noise on the 2.4 frequencies that cause the signal to attenuate. If you have some wide-open farm land without any power lines and especially nobody using 2.4GHz cordless phone systems etc. then you certainly may get out that far. Of course when you start pushing over 2 miles, you better be paying attention to wind direction and everything else because you are starting to push the limits of the battery. I highly suggest getting a secondary GPS tracking system if you're going to start playing with long range.[/quote

Can u highlight what kind of a gps tracker would be recommended?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan