Phantom users in the USA

Reaction score
I just bought my first Phantom for personal use a few weeks ago. So far I love it, and these forums are filled with amazingly helpful, knowledgeable and friendly people. However, I come from the professional UAV world and work for a company with a 333 conducting aerial surveys by UAV so I have an intimate understanding of the pain involved to fly these commercially. But I just wanted to address the fact that so much of the content that I see on here is about operating and moding your Phantom outside of FAA/FCC regulation.

The regulations they have in place for recreational use right now are so ridiculously loose and easy to abide by that it really annoys me that there are so many people ignoring them (most often the line of sight, and flight ceilings). A few of you are going to ruin it for the rest of us and it is going to really suck when the FAA clamps down because idiots are flying their drone FPV 2 miles from their house over a residential neighborhood, or over a 20,000 person crowd at a music festival, that's just reckless and idiotitc also, I would bet that very few people flying FPV have a spotter, which instantly puts you outside the LOS regulation.

OK, done ranting, I just hate to see a good thing ruined because people can't follow the rules. Enjoy your drones responsibly. Its not that hard.

Have a nice day. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj