Phantom used in industrial smoke stack demolition.

Reaction score
while watching the nightly news during the week I saw a story about a New South Wales industrial complex demolition of a smoke stack. While watching the aerial shots I saw the unmistakeable arm and motor/ rotor of a phantom. The news crew used it for their aerial shots :D

That would be this one?

Look at the shot at 0:37.

You can also see a small white object above it in the shot at 0:50. This is either the Phantom or possibly a real helicopter the shot just preceding it was shot from.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKtHW7zkPXQ[/youtube]

Looks like quadcopter props in the video when viewed 720HD full screen.

Stack landed as planned between two buildings - wow
Was involved in the removal of a three story stack once, the concrete base was huge.
Can't imagine how deep the concrete goes on this one !!
The TV reporter didn't even get to see it fall.

0:39 white Phantom rotor blades in the shot.

But, uhhmmm, we should keep this on the DL. If the American media picks up on it, surely they will insist a drone flew into the stack and caused it to fall over and some 18 year old will get sent to prison for 30 years!

That video is SOOOO not what I expected from the title of this thread :roll:

No air-dropped explosives? No shaped-charge on a long stick? No sacrificial shots from inside the stack? And the Phantom survived???

Pffft....false advertising I say!! :lol:

ianwood said:
0:39 white Phantom rotor blades in the shot.

But, uhhmmm, we should keep this on the DL. If the American media picks up on it, surely they will insist a drone flew into the stack and caused it to fall over and some 18 year old will get sent to prison for 30 years!

You're thinking of France

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj