Phantom USB failure

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've done a few searches and seen a few threads about this but none seem to confirm the success of any solutions.

My Phantom has suddenly stopped connecting to the 2 laptops it has previously successful connected to without problem.

Symptoms:
- LED continues to flash for flight ready rather than Steady green
- On WIN 7 Laptop no messages at all, doesn't show in device manager
- On WIN XP Laptop - message saying connected USB device has malfunctioned

What I've tried
- Removing and reloading drivers on both laptops
- Connected direct to micro USB on LED board with different lead
- Various different orders of powering on, connecting etc

My next step will be to order a new LED / MC board (it looks like you can only get both together in the UK so about £40)

Has any one had similar symptoms and successfully solved it with a swap out of the board? if so did you have to replace both LED and MC boards?

Or has anyone any other suggestions?

Luckily I have everything set up as I want at the moment so can still fly but sure I will want to do some config or calibration in the future so would like to solve it.

Thanks

Mike

Many has solved similar problem because the loose USB connector at the board.
First you may want to try without removing the top shell via battery door, use long piece of wood (chopstick) to push the connector (reseat).
If that is not feasible then you have to remove the top, reseat and use silicone glue.
It is possible that the board is bad too.

In my case, I didn't want to mess with the USB connector inside the battery compartment, so I bought right angle connector to connect to the board and the other end mini USB glued to the side.

P1250268Small_zpsdd9c26d2.jpg

P1250272Small_zps7bd1087f.jpg

tanasit said:
Many has solved similar problem because the loose USB connector at the board.
First you may want to try without removing the top shell via battery door, use long piece of wood (chopstick) to push the connector (reseat).
If that is not feasible then you have to remove the top, reseat and use silicone glue.
It is possible that the board is bad too.

In my case, I didn't want to mess with the USB connector inside the battery compartment, so I bought right angle connector to connect to the board and the other end mini USB glued to the side.

P1250268Small_zpsdd9c26d2.jpg

P1250272Small_zps7bd1087f.jpg

Thanks - I've already had it apart and tried reseating the connector and with a different USB lead - I was hoping it would be as simple as that but sadly it looks like its more.

Once I get it sorted (I;m guessing new board) I like your mod to get the connector on the outside so will be looking to this.

Cheers

Mike

Just in case anyone see's this and has the same issue. Replacing the existing LED/USB module with a NASA V2 LED/USB module has solved the issue in my case.

and as I have mounted the new unit on the outside of the case (in place of the previous LED dome) I now also have an external mini usb port so can remove the old grey USB extension in the battery compartment.

Mike

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik