Phantom TX dead after trying to adjust tilt.

C

ChinaWarrior

Last night I managed to successfully install the H3-2D gimbal with the GCU and PMU v2. After plugging in the battery, the gimbal powered on and began stabilizing, but was pointed straight down. I attempted to adjust the gimbal tilt by using a screwdriver to turn the topmost of the two plastic screws accessible on the back of the TX.

After an unsuccessful attempt I looked down the channel at the screw and noticed it had moved down by about half a centimeter. I attempted to align the screw by fitting a screwdriver in and "pulling" up. Either during or right before the screw adjustment the TX lost power. The phantom began quickly flashing yellow and I realized the TX power led was off even though the power switch was in the on position.

Cycling power and replacing batteries does not help. I opened the TX case to confirm that cables from the battery compartment are fine. Solder looks fine and the power cable is firmly attached. I can get pictures of the inside of the TX, however, to my untrained eye everything looks fine.

Has anybody experienced a similar issue or has any idea as to what could have happened? I am planning on connecting a Graupner MX-16 to the phantom but would like to have the original as a backup.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr