Phantom trembling or shaking flight problem

Reaction score
I am having problems since I installed the dronexpert Gimbal for Phantom Vision. First flight seemed to be OK but since then my phantom always flies with a strange shake, both in phantom and in gimbal. Disconecting the gimbal does not solve the problem, flight still shakes. Calibrating the compass does not solve the problem.

Problem can be seen in this video:
http://youtu.be/1pxRWs3ycus

Anyone has had this behavior?
Any idea or suggestion? Calibrate the IMU?

Thanks, Victor

I'd open it up and look for loose or weak soldered connections. That looks like a power surge of some sort. Look for bare wires also.

I don't have phantom 2 but if my phantom one did that, I think I would check the gains and also hook it up to the assistant to make sure the IMU isn't getting noise. That's not really typical of the oscillations you get when the gain is set too high, but it looks like it has something to do with the IMU.

Mike

That is either RF noise or your NAZA going crazy on you.

Here is what I would do:

- Connect to both (Phantom and TX) to your PC and respective software and calibrate everything, from RX to TX all the way to advance IMU calibration
- Reset the compass (using a magnet - Tons of tutorials online) and then calibrate the compass as described

Let me ask you this, when the phantom is at IDLE (props turning slowly after CSC command) is the gimbal behaving the same way? if the answer is no then RF interference or noise is out of the equation

If this does not fix your problem, call DJI and send it in for repairs, I wouldn't climb more than 10 feet and fly more than 5 feet away the way it is.

Hope this helps.

Thanks to all of you for your answers.
When I connected to Assistant Software got an ERROR 27: Gps not calibrated or magnetic field interference.

I decided to recalibrate IMU but did not solve the problem.
Thinking about the error, after that tried reseting the Compass and this seems have solved the problem.

Now I am going to change the parameters for the gimbal and check final behavior.

I'll keep you informed if it persists.

Thanks, Victor

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4