Phantom treasure hunting recon

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm new to drones and new to the forum. Just purchased a Phantom 4 and wanted to share some of what I've been using it for. Hope you enjoy!

Reactions: QuadBart
Nice. I do similar with a F75 LTD/P3 Pro. I GPS convert the old 1700-1800 maps to pinpoint the old homesight. See if it's worth looking and doable, then search it on foot.

Also found an old film location for a famous TV series from decades ago.

Hmmm... GPZ7000, is that yours? I was able to retire from my mining and treasure hunting, so keep looking and don't pass up the chances :) I had an 2200sd, a GPx 4000 and and extreme that all paid for themselves and then some, still working with the 5000 in the old mine myself :)

I don't think my GPZ made an appearance in this particular video but I do own one. I think you saw the CTX3030 in this vid. Same body design as the GPZ though. I also own a couple SDC2300's a 5000 and 4500. I've actually got two 7000's if you'd like to give one a spin sometime!
Hmmm... GPZ7000, is that yours? I was able to retire from my mining and treasure hunting, so keep looking and don't pass up the chances :) I had an 2200sd, a GPx 4000 and and extreme that all paid for themselves and then some, still working with the 5000 in the old mine myself :)

I don't think my GPZ made an appearance in this particular video but I do own one. I think you saw the CTX3030 in this vid. Same body design as the GPZ though. I also own a couple SDC2300's a 5000 and 4500. I've actually got two 7000's if you'd like to give one a spin sometime!

I saw the GPZ in another video when I noticed a friend of a friend on your intro video. The guys who made the Search for the Lost Dutchman series, Eric the deal...lol, is a friend of mine and I recognized your friend from there. I met Eric at an outing on the American River one day a number of years ago, fixed his sluice for him and then we started mining and camping together sometimes. That's a 6" dredge hose in my underwater avatar :)

Oh yeah! Very cool! That's my good buddy Eric Magnuson aka dirt diggler. Small world. Funny story, I was the one contacted to do that show and told the production company that me and Eric and TJ were a team and that I'd like them to go with me. We got down there and started shooting and they decided they didn't need three of us, so they gave TJ and I the axe (Eric Magnuson stayed) then they contacted Eric the deal. I was pretty upset about it at the time. More jealous than anything. As a group we decided it would benefit our project more even if just one of us got on the show, so Magnuson carried out the order. Hope they get a second season! Man I really miss California gold country. I was born in Sacramento and grew up in Roseville. Dad and gramps worked an 8" on the Yuba and the American for several years. Don't miss the people though.
I saw the GPZ in another video when I noticed a friend of a friend on your intro video. The guys who made the Search for the Lost Dutchman series, Eric the deal...lol, is a friend of mine and I recognized your friend from there. I met Eric at an outing on the American River one day a number of years ago, fixed his sluice for him and then we started mining and camping together sometimes. That's a 6" dredge hose in my underwater avatar :)

Yea, I ran an 8" myself for years, the people in the cities are plenty but up here there's just a few :) I get a handful of swimmers on my claim, but then again I did build one of the best swimming holes on the Yuba. Most of the people don't even realize that most of the best swimming holes are man made, diving rocks and all :)
DSC00304.JPG

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr