Phantom Transmitter Won't Turn On!

Reaction score
I was flying the Phantom all day filming some beautiful scenery in Costa Rica when I decided to change the camera angle, stuck a screwdriver behind the transmitter, the camera turned fine, just like it's supposed to, I flew around a bit more, wanted to change the angle again, so I did the same with the screwdriver, but the camera didn't move. Phantom was still hovering no problem, so I landed and tried to fix the angle on the ground. Couldn't get it to work so I decided to turn everything off and restart and that's when the transmitter stopper turning on. I tried 2 different sets of batteries so it's definitely not the charge. I turn it on and the red light does not come on.

Any ideas, guys? Known issue? Did I mess something up when trying to adjust the angle with a screwdriver? What are my options here? New transmitter? I hope there's a way to fix this now as I still have a full day in CR before heading back to NY and would love to get more shots. Thanks!

Make sure the batteries touch firmly on both ends inside the compartment. Some people complained that the batteries are loose in there.

Guess I'm going to have to order a new transmitter... ugh... ordering new parts never ends with this thing. Another $65 down the drain...

Just a wild guess, but there is a provision in the transmitter to change from International to US frequency. I think it is accessed through the same hole. Please check the manual regarding initial set up.

One more thought. If memory serves, when you turn on the transmitter you will see on the Power On LED, and hear either one or two beeps. I dont remember which is which but the signify which frequency your transmitter is set to.

If it will not turn on at all, you might consider opening it up and checking for a loose wire or "cold solder" joint. If so you could fix it yourself.

Too little information. Are we talking P2V/FC40 here with a gimbal? Which also has a screw for changing from CE to FCC? Not sure what the second hole in the 2.4 GHz Tx does. If you accidentally turned the bottom screw you might have set it to an in-between position while CE/FCC requires you to turn it all the way. If that's the case perhaps neither CE nor FCC mode is selected and it won't work.

Hey guys, so I'm planning on ordering a new transmitter from BandH - http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/9 ... _dsss.html

One of the reviews says:
After dropping and breaking my original DJI Radio Controller, I purchased a new one and it worked great after I linked it to the Phantom. HOWEVER - I bought 2 other radio controllers before I found the right one. DJI has several model's that all look alike but are internally different. Find out what your Phantom requires exactly before ordering a new controller.

How would I know if the one I order is the right one?

I would call B&H and ask them this question. Perhaps they have a break down chart. My Phantom is version 1.1.1

That component on the left of the board and above the gold square plate looks like it is burnt.

Check the fuse. It's on the right just above the power connector, between the two gold adjustments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers