Phantom Transmitter throttle positions

Reaction score
Just unpacked my new Phantom. Watched the tutorials and noticed the warning to keep the throttle stick in the down position, when trying to calibrate. My transmitter however has the throttle stick in mid position [spring loaded at "0" deflection, identical to the aileron/elevator on the rh side]. Before turning anything on and have the thing take off on me and disappear, I would like to make sure that having the throttle midway as a starting position is correct. Any comments?

rgds,

Herman

It will not cause a problem. Center position will not take off.

Good to go.

E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you first turn on the transmitter if it begins to beep pull your throttle down to zero until the beeping stops. You can then let the throttle go back to the zero position. That does the same thing that the old throttle set up did when you brought it down to zero and kept it there.

I have the old style throttle that I upgraded with the return spring and I find that it is much easier to fly the Phantom, especially when you are videoing or flying with FPV.

The newer controllers have this, easy to change and add drag which I like. Open the transmitter and there is a phillips screw that you tighten and the little metal strip will add drag. I like it as I can take my hand off the throttle and it will hover.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers