Phantom Tool Kit.

Reaction score
I am wanting to put together a tool kit to keep in my case and was wondering what some of the basic tools everyone here would recommend and some of the "must haves" as well. Thanks for any advice you can provide.

happydays said:
A spare SD card...

Yes! sure need a spare in the car or in the case

5V battery pack to supply power to your phone or range extender, set of AA Batteries and some tape

If you need to unscrew the prop guards just a tool for that.

Spare props, spare batteries, and items listed above

Since the P2V+ comes with a little prop wrench, you should probably include that. And I would include a small philips and flat screwdriver for emergency disassembly.

Thanks so much, I really appreciate these tips. I will be doing all the above. Once again thanks so much

Yes.
For shell:

-2mm Hex/Allen
-very small phillips (edit- that came with P2)

This is what I have in my suitcase :lol: :lol:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    575.7 KB · Views: 454
M.Tigelaar said:

Seems like you have all the bases covered. Nice setup. May I ask a questions without looking like to much of a newbie? What is the device that looks like a fish hook with line and several weights attached? Now, I am assuming you are not using the phantom as a fishing pole LOL LOL :D

kymedic121 said:
M.Tigelaar said:

Seems like you have all the bases covered. Nice setup. May I ask a questions without looking like to much of a newbie? What is the device that looks like a fish hook with line and several weights attached? Now, I am assuming you are not using the phantom as a fishing pole LOL LOL :D

That I use for this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOfRKBA5iqw :mrgreen:

I have an old pocket-size camera case which contains a bits-in-the-handle hex driver (1.5,2.0,2.5,3.0mm), a 1/8" standard screwdriver, a #0 Phillips screwdriver, and miniature locking pliers, all 4.25 inches or less to fit in the case. That leaves enough room for two small O-ring screw-top pill containers for M3x8 and M3x12 screws for switching in and out of prop guards. The outside pocket has extra micro SD cards and a SD card adapter, plus the prop wrench.

I carry a small binoculars in my case to help me spot the thing when it's too far away.

Attachments

• 20140708_204642.jpg
    20140708_204642.jpg
    439.4 KB · Views: 243
Are the screw heads refereed to as Hex Head? I am going to Harbor Freight tomorrow to pick up a few things for my case. If you can think of anything else please let me know. You guys are fantastic, thanks a bunch

I'm using some of the things already stated, and seeing this post will use some of yours ideas too.

In adition, in my backpack i carry also an anemometer, zip ties, two camera guards i made in PVC, elastic bands, two-way velcro, a xacto knife and prop guards (although i've never used them).

Ough, just remembered, also 2 reflector antenas (for the transmiter and repeter) made roughly from a can of pringles, which i used two or 3 times.

M.Tigelaar said:
kymedic121 said:
M.Tigelaar said:

That I use for this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOfRKBA5iqw :mrgreen:

:D :D :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik