Phantom to transmitter Wifi signal strength...

JJM

Reaction score
...is what I really wish the app would show. Of course my phone is gonna have a full-strength connection, it's 2 inches from the extender. Anyone else wish we could see this?

Hmmm interesting idea...
Not sure about the GUI's people install on the Phantom/RE as i dont like GUIs (allthough they probs show strength) but if you install the "wireless-tools" linux package it has commands that can tell you signal strength... Should be easy for a dev who is making an app to replace DJI app to add a function that SSHs in every minute or so runs the command and gets/displays the output of signal strength.

obviously dependancy of client is having wireless tools installed... but maybe "ifconfig" which comes installed by default tells you the strength?..cant remember.. that would make things simple if it does, function would work for everyone..

would need RE to login to phantom to get the output actually but im getting abit ahead of myself...

Wish I could make android apps... to much time on my hands to learn :/

but yeah great idea abd hopefully a dev who is reading this has a think about it.

JJM said:
...is what I really wish the app would show. Of course my phone is gonna have a full-strength connection, it's 2 inches from the extender. Anyone else wish we could see this?

justin00 said:
Hmmm interesting idea...
Not sure about the GUI's people install on the Phantom/RE as i dont like GUIs (allthough they probs show strength) but if you install the "wireless-tools" linux package it has commands that can tell you signal strength... Should be easy for a dev who is making an app to replace DJI app to add a function that SSHs in every minute or so runs the command and gets/displays the output of signal strength.

obviously dependancy of client is having wireless tools installed... but maybe "ifconfig" which comes installed by default tells you the strength?..cant remember.. that would make things simple if it does, function would work for everyone..

would need RE to login to phantom to get the output actually but im getting abit ahead of myself...

Wish I could make android apps... to much time on my hands to learn :/

but yeah great idea abd hopefully a dev who is reading this has a think about it.

JJM said:

Uhhhhhh what? Haha

In summary... what you suggested should be possible for a developer to add to there app :)

I dare say it would not be to difficult at all.

Lets just hope a dev actively working on an app is reading... and if you are out there reading and need help with linux (which I doubt) or want a tester scream out.

justin00 said:
In summary... what you suggested should be possible for a developer to add to there app :)

I dare say it would not be to difficult at all.

Lets just hope a dev actively working on an app is reading... and if you are out there reading and need help with linux (which I doubt) or want a tester scream out.

Got it. I think it'd be a useful feature for testing antenna mods and whatnot. To me, the wifi strength indicator currently present is kinda dumb and unnecessary.

Hey Justin something to consider is, if such a option appears on the inspire1 software, it is very possible that it could be added to the vPlus by someone on a sdk app.

I have been planning on adding a readout display on the controller. I didn't want to say anything until I actually was finished. But as you know for me it is currently not on the priority list of what I need to be concerned with. I so wish it was though, but maybe so in a couple of weeks, I hope!

Something about that interests me Frank.. I shall ask you about it offline..

BTW not sure I am following... You could definitely do this regardless if inspire supports it... I've had a look through vplus SDK and It doesn't look like it even has this functionality... The way I described you could easily do it without using the SDK :) Just need to be able to make your app run SSH (and setup some linux scripts for the initial install and possibly a package) which would be trivial for a dev and or linux user.

*edit* heres some output that you get by connecting to the RE and running 'iwconfig'

wlan0-1 IEEE 802.11bgn ESSID:"FC200_01f825"
Mode:Managed Frequency:2.432 GHz Access Point: 60:60:1F:01:F8:25
Bit Rate=28.9 Mb/s Tx-Power=17 dBm
RTS thr:eek:ff Fragment thr:eek:ff
Encryption key:eek:ff
Power Management:eek:ff
Link Quality=58/70 Signal level=-52 dBm
Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:60 Missed beacon:0

SSID FC200_blah is the hidden SSID the Phantom runs, which the RE connects to.

Ohh this is even cooler... and I *think* you don't even need wireless-tools package installed...

root@Phantom:~# cat /proc/net/wireless
Inter-| sta-| Quality | Discarded packets | Missed | WE
face | tus | link level noise | nwid crypt frag retry misc | beacon | 22
wlan0: 0000 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
wlan0-1: 0000 57. -53. -256 0 0 0 0 77 0

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31