Phantom Tipping Over at Take Off

Reaction score
Crashed my Phantom a couple of days ago, recalibrated it, everything worked fine. Took it out and flew it for a little while yesterday. Tried to fly it tonight and it just kept tipping over on take off. I couldn't get it off the ground. Tried it on a flat surface (the Phantom's case) as well as from the grass and neither helped. Had the prop guards on, took them off. No luck. Video below to show what's happening.

Any ideas on what's causing the problem?

Thank you!

http://youtu.be/ozDrtz3Qz4U

Please forgive my half assed attempt to help you, as I don't have a fubuta (8j??) I don't know exactly what I'm talking about, but I'll throw done some ideas and see if those with the control could give more detail :)

Is there any chance that you have a "dual/rate" or "expo" setting activated . . .

What that does is slightly changes how fast the phantom acts to the sticks input, usually used for slowing down flights (for better video shots etc), the problem with expo/D-R is it prevents you from being able to execute the CSC.

When you have the phantom connect to the computer next, open the naza assistant and check each of the stick for full travel, all should show -1000 to 1000 with 0 in the centre (at rest) for all but the throttle (I noticed the throttle wasn't spring loaded in the vid). If your not getting to the full (-)1000 than you can't arm the motors, I hope that helps :)

it keeps tipping over, or it won't start? (the video says engines won't start, maybe yo posted the wrong video?)

if it's the motors, as mentioned, make sure all the sticks are traveling the full amount in the NAZa (and you don't have D/R expo's on).

if it's tipping over, make sure your shell is put back on the correct way and all props are turning in the right direction.
But also check your motors to see if they're getting hot, something might have also been damaged in the crash.

When you removed the prop guards did you put the screws that where in them back in instead of replacing them with shorter screws? If so then sorry to tell you your F-ed on that one because you just drove longer screws into your coils and ruined all four of your motors!! Sorry man your not the first to do that bonehead move lol..

I'd say props are on wrong . . .

The front of the phantom doesn't even "lift" it's just the back coming over it . . .

Also, make sure the lid is on correctly (aligned correctly) or that will cause the wrong prop direction to be shown for each arm, but that would hold the phantom on the ground.

catrost said:
Wrong video, I apologize.

Here's the correct one: http://youtu.be/lKcYzrTnIdM

As for the screws, I always replace the shorter ones after removing the prop guards.

LOL Cool from the look of that first video and from your comment on removing the guards I was sure that's what you did!

Okay now if it's not your props I guess go back into your software and make sure your mixer type wasn't changed by mistake it should be on Quad rotor X, I've herd of that happening before!

phantomflyer said:
LOL Cool from the look of that first video and from your comment on removing the guards I was sure that's what you did!

Okay now if it's not your props I guess go back into your software and make sure your mixer type wasn't changed by mistake it should be on Quad rotor X, I've herd of that happening before!

I'll double check that! Thank you. Need to partition my Mac so I can run the software (used my dad's PC before). Wish they would create a Mac version of it!

I'm in the same boat now wish me luck I have to quickly push up on right stick or down depending to keep it from tipping over. I'm so confused. Flys fine in the air, no guards just take off is bad

I'm in the same boat now wish me luck I have to quickly push up on right stick or down depending to keep it from tipping over. I'm so confused. Flys fine in the air, no guards just take off is bad

It happened the same to me when I put the first time the camera on the fixed P1.1.1 support. I read on some Forum that the problem could be the GPS close to ground. So I tried to take off in ATTI instead of GPS and then to go back in GPS when the quad is at least 1 meter high: it works.
The other trick is to push the left stick fully up: if I accelerate slowly, the backward props push more than the forward and the quad tips over.
Another suggestion I do not always use, but I saw is working, is to put the quad not in horizontal but with the noose slightly up.

Hi all I tried the ATTI and it didn't work. I put on 2 better props and it responded better. Also recalibrated the controller seemed to help but still going at it. Thank u

I rebalanced the props and seems to be responding better but her slight front fly but no tip over. I also noticed which I never did in beginning of owning P1 is that motor starts slower and speeds up right before take off. I don't know if I'm just noticing or motor issue?

I rebalanced the props and seems to be responding better but her slight front fly but no tip over. I also noticed which I never did in beginning of owning P1 is that motor starts slower and speeds up right before take off. I don't know if I'm just noticing or motor issue?

No, you do not have any motor issue: the props do not respond in the same way and this happens more in GPS mode than in ATTI. One way to try to avoid the problem is to accelerate a bit for some seconds,to a speed not yet sufficient to take off, then when all the propellers are equalized apply full trottle:in my P1.1.1 the speed equalization is reached in few seconds(let's say 3 or 4).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic