Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom tiping every start

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Help' started by gfagien, Aug 28, 2013.

1. gfagien

Hey Guys,

so i just bought a phantom and updated to the new firmware.

When i try to start the phantom after calibration and advanced calibration, it seems like the back motors have more power then the front ones because when i hit the right stick up or down i always end up tipping over the front of the phantom.

Any suggestions? not receiving any error lights

All help is appreciated, thanks guys!

2. mroberts

I've found it's always a little unstable on take-off so you do need to give it a bit of throttle to pop it of the ground - too gentle and it will tend to tip.

Double check you've got the front props on the correct motors - if not, you'll be forcing the front down as the back lifts.

3. mercillus

also check your orientation is set for X and not +..

4. Iron Creek

I had a tipping problem when I first got mine. Turned out the props were installed upside down, turned them right side up and instant lift off.

5. howardmaryon

You said "when I hit the RIGHT stick up or down".... You only use the left stick when taking off, it controls upward motion and rotation. The right stick controls forward back and left or right motion. If you have been pressing the right stick forward before takeoff, you will tip over. Only use the right stick when you are up in the air.

6. mroberts

Depends on the mode - IIRC, Mode 1 puts throttle and roll on the right stick.

Potentially worth checking though, and not obvious if you've got the new controller with both sticks sprung. When you push the right stick up, does it make more noise, or does it just tip over?

7. gfagien

i was retarded and had the props flipped on the front, thanks guys!