Phantom stuck in the air

Reaction score
Anyone experience while flying 600-700' in the air and Phantom just hovering in space and not responding to any stick movement? I panicked for a sec and then just started toggling both mode switches. Finally gained back control but it was a long 10-15secs. I brought it down and checked my back light and all looked fine. I then flew it about 50' high and about 900' away just to check things and all was good. Shew I thought I was gonna be a victim of a fly away.
I had it in GPS mode, it was a very overcast morning.

Go into assistant software and check your limits. It sounds like you hit the limit when it goes into that mode. Same applies with the new software when nearing distance to airports.

You may have had the tip of the antenna pointing at it and in the antennas dead zone.

I have it set in FCC mode. I however was directly under it as that may have been the issue as I have had it that high before but it was out in front of me. Thanks guys.

if it was over head and the antenna pointing straight up with the end of the antenna pointed towards it. It can lose signal. Because hardly any signal comes from the end of the antenna. and it mostly radiates out the side of the antenna.. Try to keep it orientated so the side edge of the antenna is facing it. So if over head and you have the antenna bent 90 degrees from the transmitter. Then tilt the transmitter back a bit or straighten out the antenna so its parallel to the ground. Tho its easier to just til the tx back when its over head.

If it initiated a RTH it will hover for a bit before going home. Did you get the flashing yellows? Also if you were near your home point the slow decent from 700" will still look like a hover. Happened to me and I know that panic feeling.

EMCSQUAR said:
Go into assistant software and check your limits. It sounds like you hit the limit when it goes into that mode. Same applies with the new software when nearing distance to airports.

Where in the software is that? And can you increase the limit?

also if it lost single from the antenna and went in to RTH and hovering you wont have any controls in till you regain control by flipping the s1 switch in to atti for a second and back in to gps to regain control again.

PhantomPhreak said:
If it initiated a RTH it will hover for a bit before going home. Did you get the flashing yellows? Also if you were near your home point the slow decent from 700" will still look like a hover. Happened to me and I know that panic feeling.

It wasn't in RTH or atleast I didn't enable it. I was able to gain control after toggling the mode switches.

When it loses signal it will go in to RTH on its own. Till you retake control of it.

I walked up behind mine once and it wouldn't go any further forward. I had it set to a range of 400'. Took me a while to realize that was the problem. Its really not a problem, it was doing exactly what I told it to do. :mrgreen:

I checked on Google Earth later and yep, to the foot, it was at 400' from take off point.

It's pretty odd when you hit that imaginary wall.

Cajvol94 said:
EMCSQUAR said:

Go into assistant -> ADVANCED -> LIMITS - there you can adjust your height and distance

EMCSQUAR said:
Cajvol94 said:
EMCSQUAR said:

Go into assistant -> ADVANCED -> LIMITS - there you can adjust your height and distance

Thanks. I checked it and it was set on 2000m. So it must have been it kicked into Fail safe as I was directly below it with antenna straight up.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4