Phantom SMART battery WARM after flight | worry?

L

lightingbryan

Its 70 degrees outside (not hot). I just pulled a brand new battery out at 30%. The battery was putting off heat. Maybe this is slightly normal? But its the first time I really remember thinking, this is kinda warm. Lipos have a bad rap if they get hot. Should I worry? No swelling, no other issues, just kinda warmer then my other batteries. To be fair I did pull the batt faster then normal to switch to another batt.

Monte55 said:
All my batteries are warm after a flight. Not hot, but warm. That's normal, I always give them the "cheek" test.

I hope you are talking about "bum cheeks" cos the first time you put a red hot lipo on you're cheek you will know why cattle don't like being branded :lol:

To morrow I am going to do a test flight and do some thermal imaging of the motors and the battery as soon as I land it.

Yup my batteries are normally warm right after a flight. The take some time to cool down too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The batteries are so small because they're low-C (probably 10-15C). They'll definitely get a bit warm during discharge, but they shouldn't get anywhere near "hot."

Mine are warm when they come out too. If you have one that is consistently a little warmer than the others, just keep an eye on it. If it gets hot as in uncomfortable to touch, you should stop using it and send it back.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj