Phantom shooting Kiteboarding in 20+ knots.

Nice video, with some well framed shots in the face of difficult conditions. Well done.

This video has 3 things that induce a lot of anxiety for me:

High winds
High speed
Open water

Hopefully one day I'll have the confidence to tackle these types of shots.

my only real concern is losing battery power, not having an "iosd" makes this an issue. I keep flight times under 10 mins when in strong winds over water.

Nice video! Very sharp, nice composition (both close and overview) and well edited. It would be very interesting if you could share what settings you used and also a bit about your work flow.

I agree that the Phantom 2 is an incredible piece of equipment. When I bought it I didn't expect to be able to film kitesurfing because of the windy conditions but as your video proves it works really well!

But, yesterday I almost pushed it to far when I filmed kitesurfing in 30+ knots wind with gusts reaching well over 40 knots. It was also very very gusty. It was so much wind that I couldn't go up wind. Instead I had to fly it low behind some cliffs to get some shelter from the wind, then trying to get some footage while it slowly drifted downwind again (while it tried to go upwind with full power). The shots where so shaky that they are more or less unusable, but it was still worth it because I feel now that I've tested the limit of what the phantom can do interms of windy conditions.

Otto Henry said:
Nice video! Very sharp, nice composition (both close and overview) and well edited. It would be very interesting if you could share what settings you used and also a bit about your work flow.

I agree that the Phantom 2 is an incredible piece of equipment. When I bought it I didn't expect to be able to film kitesurfing because of the windy conditions but as your video proves it works really well!

But, yesterday I almost pushed it to far when I filmed kitesurfing in 30+ knots wind with gusts reaching well over 40 knots. It was also very very gusty. It was so much wind that I couldn't go up wind. Instead I had to fly it low behind some cliffs to get some shelter from the wind, then trying to get some footage while it slowly drifted downwind again (while it tried to go upwind with full power). The shots where so shaky that they are more or less unusable, but it was still worth it because I feel now that I've tested the limit of what the phantom can do interms of windy conditions.

Thanks! Yea 40 knots of wind is definitely pushing the limits of its capabilities, i feel like you would be chewing threw power in that much wind.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1