Phantom Rotor Guards?

Reaction score
I had a crash and still trying too work out why. My P2 dropped out of the sky for no reason at all. Everything was checked, battery full, weather great, etc, etc
Now I had the Rotor guards fitted and they are the cheap Ebay ones. I have no idea if they are different than the genuine ones but they must be dead easy to copy so I don't think they would be far off the genuine article! Anyway has anyone had any problem at all with these fitted. Do they interrupt the flow of air? The tip of the rotors are very close to the end of the guard, not touching just close.
This is the only thing I can now think of that may of caused the fall?
Any one had any similar problems. Oh the guy I bought it from researched solar activity that day and discovered quite a large spike around the time I was flying. This is not mentioned in any forum I can find?

glennbalsam said:
I had a crash and still trying too work out why. My P2 dropped out of the sky for no reason at all. Everything was checked, battery full, weather great, etc, etc
Now I had the Rotor guards fitted and they are the cheap Ebay ones. I have no idea if they are different than the genuine ones but they must be dead easy to copy so I don't think they would be far off the genuine article! Anyway has anyone had any problem at all with these fitted. Do they interrupt the flow of air? The tip of the rotors are very close to the end of the guard, not touching just close.
This is the only thing I can now think of that may of caused the fall?
Any one had any similar problems. Oh the guy I bought it from researched solar activity that day and discovered quite a large spike around the time I was flying. This is not mentioned in any forum I can find?

I personally use prop guards and have flown with prop guards dozens of times now. I never had an issue.

Short answer - NO

When it was going down any lights flashing ? Was the bird still running their have been reports of the battery rebooting and falling out of the sky .

Not for nothing, but.....
glennbalsam said:
Oh the guy I bought it from researched solar activity that day and discovered quite a large spike around the time I was flying.
.....THAT sounds more than a little suspicious, wouldn't you agree? "The guy I bought it from"?? So you bought a Phantom from some guy, and when it crashed and you asked him about it, he went away and came back with some story about sunspots and solar flares? :) Unless "the guy I bought it from" is a guy at a legitimate dealer, I'd say it sounds like someone sold you a broken or malfunctioning Phantom and then tried to come up with an excuse when you confronted him about it. Or am I way out in left field here?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20