Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Phantom recovery mid free fall

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Cooter3690, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Cooter3690

I've seen plenty of posts of people wondering if it's possible for a mid free fall recovery after an intentional (or accidental) CSC. I've wondered this myself but like others I am not ready to give it a try with my brand new shiny toy. So I've created a gofundme account and if I raise enough money I will purchase one and film my attempt.

My plan is to bring it up to a decent hight above an empty field and film the event using my phantom 3 and a few ground cameras to capture it at multiple angles. It'd be interesting if it works! I'll post all the videos here for the world to see.

So follow this link and let's make this happen!

'Dji Phantom freefall recovery experiment' http://dm2.gofund.me/zfe3b8zw

2. jlo

jlo

Some new guy made one of these too...rofl...no.

This gofundme nonsense is ridiculous....saw one where a girl was trying to fund an abortion...wth is wrong with people these days...smh

Marlin009 likes this.
  3. Monte55

I don't think I would be interested in sending money to see someone crashing a PHANTOM. YouTube is full of videos and it's free.

4. N017RW

Why not use the included Flight Simulator?

2k3sgm likes this.
  5. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

Film it with a P3?! .. and ground cameras?
    It's going to be a distant dot.

6. 2k3sgm

I did, you have to be above 750' to recover. But the simulator is one thing, reality is another.

7. Cooter3690

I'm not trying to make thousands of dollars off off a turkey salad one guy did on gofundme. Just trying to fullfill peoples' curiosity without having to spend my own money. People have spent their money on more ridiculous things.

8. phantom3menace

Even at $1 per person which would still take 1200 to pull off your idea. I wouldn't pay a red cent but I'm sure there are people out there that would.

good luck.

9. Flyboy

I don't have the stomach to watch a P3 crash to the ground...:eek:

10. ctfireman

Just curious, why $1200? Why not $999 for a P3A?

Buckaye likes this.
  11. SteelGator

Clearly video stabilization is going to be necessary given the conditions, so the professional version is a must to still have 1080P output.

12. Buckaye

we'll if he pulls it off... he's got a free P3P... not bad...

I think it's funny to see some of the comments on this thread though "why would I do this?" Go fundme is ridiculous.... thump thump thump, yip yip yip, loud noises.... who cares? If you don't want to contribute don't, but I hold nothing against a guy trying something for fun and experimental reasons if he gets funded. Good lord - look at how much people pay every 4th of July to literally watch things blow up. lighten up francis

Good luck man... the only advice I'd give you is... do some research about the minimum amount of time you can go from motors stopped to motors go and figure out how high you'd have to be in theory (I know someone mentions the sim needs to be at 750 ft... wouldn't surprise me if that is close).

13. ctfireman

I'm not against it at all, i've been wondering if it's possible also. I was just curious why a pro was necessary.

14. Cooter3690

It's not. I have a pro to record it with. I put 1,200 for an advanced plus taxes and such.